Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can upgrade on renewal, but that’s it for now.

Also my condolences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The disappointing pies are at Diagon Alley.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grundulum posted:

Can someone quickly do the math and estimate how many one-day trips it takes before the annual pass is worth it? (And thanks for the notice that they are on sale again soon.)

The absolute cheapest ticket with park hopper is $185 ($109 base), but that's only a handful of times a year. ~$220 is a more realistic average price, that's $140 with park hopper. Most days of the year will get you into AK for that, with MK and DHS a bit more.

So you're ahead at 2 visits for Pixie, 4 for Pirate, 5 for Sorcerer and 7 for Incredipass.

If you park, that knocks a day off Incredipass I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, he asked for single day visits though.

They do per park pricing for single days now, so peak for AK is up to $159, while for MK it's $189. DHS and Epcot are $179 on those days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grundulum posted:

The Sorceror pass includes standard parking, so that’s a little bit more value added at that tier. Thanks for the helpful math.

How open-ended are those tickets? If I buy a single 10-day pass in September, can I just select days as I choose to use them over the next year? I have to think no (or else nobody would buy an annual pass), but I haven’t bought tickets for a US Disney park, well, ever.

They all include parking yeah. It's just that until Incredipass it doesn't knock off a whole day. It's still significant though.

If you buy a 2 day ticket you can use it for any 2 days in a 4-day span (which you select the start of on purchase.)

3 days is 5.
4 is 7.
5 is 8.
6 is 9,
7 is 10.
8 jumps to 12.
9 is 13.
10 is 14.

10 is the longest you can buy direct from Disney like that, though I think Europeans can buy 14 day passes or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s not like people will stop paying, that won’t affect Disney at all if they even were legal.

However, the whole time DeSantis has openly admitted this is all a retaliatory violation of the first amendment and he’s still getting away with it while nobody seems to care.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

brunch with yr parents posted:

Thanks, everyone, for answering my earlier questions about cheerleading competitions in WDW. We are about three weeks away and the other parents aren’t as insane as me, so I’m not sure if there will be any plans made ahead of time, other than, hopefully, park reservations made ASAP. Against that background, we are hoping to get a lightning lane reservation for guardians of the galaxy and I have a couple of questions.

1) will you have options for the time that you get, or are you just assigned a random time?
2) if you are assigned a morning time, or if that is all that is available, does that need to be the park that you reserved?

Thanks!

Virtual queue is first come, first served but goes fast so it’s effectively random. You don’t choose a time, you just get assigned a number when you hit the button. Paid lightning lane lets you choose.

The system doesn’t let you buy/claim times that you couldn’t be in the park.

The 7am VQ requires you to have an Epcot reservation to try at all. Paid access will only let you buy times you could be there. If the 1pm VQ is still available at 2, which is common these days, you can enter if after scanning into the park.

There’s no guarantee the VQ system is still in place by May though. Everyone seems to expect it to drop any day now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Building new, non-marquee rides outside of a larger refurbishment or retheming is probably a really hard sell to the execs too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollywood Studios is a half day park that takes a whole day because of how long the lines are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It occupies a pretty large space in a themed area that's now very dead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More Harry Potter, obviously.

Lost Continent is already the spillover line for Hagrid on really busy days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

Are they going to keep investing in Harry Potter stuff? Seems like the franchise has died a death on this side of the world.

Epic Universe is getting a 3rd Harry Potter section.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You run through the parks? That's cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arquinsiel posted:

What's sweeping mean?

Culling.

If you fall behind the pace they 'sweep' you off the race.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, they trickled in over the span of about a month but they're all there now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm headed to DLR for the first time next month with some family. Are there any must try food items out there they don't have at WDW?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm very anti-churros and don't understand why y'all wanna eat cinnamon-sugar covered foam peanuts.

Epcot's Food and Wine fest is doing 4 months (almost: late July to November 18th) again and it feels kind of exhausting at that length. Epcot really doesn't need a summer festival.

Epcot's ugly enough with all the construction walls, having a bunch of shuttered booths for 1/4 of the quarter would suck.

BlueBayou posted:

I'm worried he will really come through and gently caress things up for the parks. But also if anybody is equipped to truly fight back, its the mouse.

Once he tries to actually take action that affects anything, they go to the courts and hold it up for ages.

Right now they've dodged around everything he's tried so it hasn't been necessary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does he think the state owns that land? It's Disney, is it not?

Edit: Also apparently backed off the toll roads already because they couldn't think of a way to not hurt residents with them lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know it's standard practice for a politician, but he repeatedly calls it the will of the people when there was no vote.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also said the prison thing while chuckling so I don’t think it was a serious suggestion, even with an evil moron like Desantis.

The real threat here seems to be removing Disney’s exemption from regular state inspection so he can have goons gently caress around with them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bring a car seat yourself and take an Uber. Put it in the note too so the driver knows ahead of time. They're not allowed to pick you up in Cali if you don't have your own.

Anything else is going to cost you $200+ a direction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sounds like booking yourself an extra hour or something would be the call, from everyone's experiences.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's actually 6 so if you're flexible on the day you want it, add them all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The text alerts are a good bit faster too so if you're dead set, it could be worth paying for a month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do they not have the fancy learning scanners WDW does? Those things you breeze through.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dapper Day seems to book the Disneyland Hotel, so Trader Sam's might be difficult that day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Different days for each park.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's shut down right now for refurbishment but opens June 2nd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It definitely doesn't spin. I don't know if it even does a full 360 in a direction, at any speed. It does shorter rotations a lot though.

It's more for controlling which direction you're facing, so that it can make you focus on where you're supposed to during certain parts and do backwards on the fly a couple of times.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 25, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trump's anti DeSantis anyway, so if those judges are hardcore Trumpers that's worse for him.

However, Trump did install a lot of judges and many of them actually are normal and qualified.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Get the $120 first ~14 nights pass and go twice. Boom, everything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tron also isn’t popular and Legacy didn’t turn a profit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stacking is for long wait rides late in the day. You can't stack if you're using it actively throughout.

You get 1 at 7am and your next 2 hours after park open, not at 9am. Then 2 hours after you book ride B you get another, etc.

So people use it to stack up 4 or 5 busy rides in the late afternoon to evening, eg:
7am book ride 1
~10am book ride 2
Noon book ride 3
2pm book ride 4
4pm book ride 5

Every ride booked is after the time you’re stopping the stacking.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 2, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, if you check in using lightning lane and still have another reserved later, you don’t get a new reservation. That apparently used to be a thing somehow I guess? It doesn’t work now though.

I edited my post to be a bit clearer. Tldr though is you stack them all up before you use any of them. Once you start riding, no more stacking.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 2, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Disney made it day of purchase only so they can flex the pricing a lot more.

You can make your first reservation at 7am, then they become available in 2 repeating ways: Once you've tagged into your current reservation, or 2 hours after you made your last one (with one exception, the 2 hour countdown only begins at park open for bookings made before then like the 7am one.) If you have multiple outstanding because of the 2 hour rule, you do not get a new one on tag in until they're all cleared.

So the most common way people use it is to book something soon, and choose something new as soon as you're checked in and in line for that. Then just bounce that way throughout the day.

Stacking is for literally stacking the long line, in demand stuff for later in the afternoon/evening. During the time while you're actively stacking your reservations you can still do anything else, standby lines/shows/etc.

Essentially it's a quantity vs. quality choice. This assumes in demand = good, which isn't actually true with a lot of the MK rides (looking at you, Peter Pan) but I think you know what I mean.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't find it uncomfortable physically, but like... it felt wrong and weird to be sitting that way.

Also it's not really good for your neck and back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rear car has normal sit down seats with a lap bar.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Guardians shoot at the celestial which makes him drop the power source thing, but they accidentally trigger it to go back in time so the rest of the ride is escaping him while getting back to the proper time and location.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You can't book another until either your return window starts or 2 hours, whichever comes first.

That's what currently enables stacking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

skipdogg posted:

That's crazy they're just going to pull the plug on it. Wonder what they're going to do with it all.

Star Wars DVC rooms!

Yeah and it’s too far to turn into part of GE, since you have to be bussed.