Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TheModernAmerican posted:

Yes, Bi Now Gay Later, Trist lost twice in this series. But she's the most powerful champion in the game right now, it's loving crazy.

I don't understand why people aren't autobanning her if they aren't first-pick. It's so loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dragongem posted:

by the way, that was absolutely not trist there, that was the fact that c9 got bottlenecked into the entrance for the ori ult and wild turtle and company could just light them up

that said she's still super strong but not a free win :v:

The lowest anyone was after the ori ult was like 60% and it was like maybe 2 people and they became bottlenecked AFTER the ult, like 3-5 seconds later

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dragongem posted:

by the way, that was absolutely not trist there, that was the fact that c9 got bottlenecked into the entrance for the ori ult and wild turtle and company could just light them up

Dyrus, Ori, and Trist were all super farmed. Maokai was not. That meant the game.

Also holy poo poo the TSM Bo5 were awesome vs LMQ and C9. The best playoffs ever!

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm anything but a TSM fan, but they've really deserved this.

Scared of Bees
May 14, 2004
Save your fork there is pie!!

Jerkface posted:

Dyrus, Ori, and Trist were all super farmed. Maokai was not. That meant the game.

Also holy poo poo the TSM Bo5 were awesome vs LMQ and C9. The best playoffs ever!

All weekend was good, very impressed.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Yes, Bi Now Gay Later, Trist lost twice in this series. But she's the most powerful champion in the game right now, it's loving crazy.

I didn't say that she wasn't. I said that she wasn't as big of a factor in the earlier games.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyway, c9 had a window in which to exploit where corki was still stronger, that was right after they killed the inhib

i think they actually caught some nerves because you could tell that even though they were stronger and had map advantage, they didnt want to start a fight

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I feel that Bjerg played really well this series. Tristana was obviously MVP, but I think Bjerg played way better then WildTurtle.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm just glad NA isn't being crushed by one team any more. Make things a lot more interesting.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
drat Lustboy is tiny.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Vermain posted:

I don't understand why people aren't autobanning her if they aren't first-pick. It's so loving ridiculous.

Like, do people only look at the very end of the game? Did you not see 20 minutes of Sneaky's Corki controlling the map?

If C9 went in aggressively instead of letting Balls never farm and WildTurtle farm freely, this could have been their game.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Dragongem posted:

yeah, I mean it was basically C9's inability to get to Trist there, due to being zoned by the Ori ult/Nami wave - even though shield/wind wall break the wave, it still leaves them vulnerable. Any late game ADC would have been teeing off there - but the trist bringing 700 range into late game helped her get her damage off from a safe spot, which is a lot of her late game power.

The real game was basically one question: can Bjergsen land a big ulti or can C9 bait or dodge it out - C9 won at least one fight where Bjerg never pulled the trigger at all on the ulti, and C9 wiped them when he whiffed it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Big TSM fan here, and I must admit I'm surprised they beat C9.

TSM TSM TSM TSM TSM

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Freaksaus posted:

I'm anything but a TSM fan, but they've really deserved this.
TSM looked like a joke most of the season, and they pulled an Alliance and really stepped their game up. It's the TSM Playoff team, no one works harder.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Vermain posted:

We should start by figuring out why Trist was never first picked by anyone in this series. Maybe I'm missing a game but Trist was a pretty constant 4th pick.

Called it 3-1 for TSM, close enough :owned:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Hypocrisy posted:

Like, do people only look at the very end of the game? Did you not see 20 minutes of Sneaky's Corki controlling the map?

If C9 went in aggressively instead of letting Balls never farm and WildTurtle farm freely, this could have been their game.

It's almost like Corki is strong midgame but falls off, whereas Trist is a hypercarry. Wierd.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
Almost none of the results I wanted to happen this split actually did happen. :/

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Dragongem posted:

If WildTurtle didn't flash the Corki ult she would have died and the fight would have gone the opposite way.

So not a champion specific thing, but sometimes WildTurtle really does fantastic things.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm speaking in general terms, and her win/loss record points to her being overpoweringly strong. It's especially obvious in a meta where it's easier than ever to stall the game out until you can catch up with infinite waveclear and 500 health shields being pooped out every 6 seconds.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Unoriginal Name posted:

It's almost like Corki is strong midgame but falls off, whereas Trist is a hypercarry. Wierd.

Exactly. If you let Trist farm farm farm and blow your initiation then yeah, you're going to lose. C9 had plenty of opportunities to win that game but they stalled it out and paid the price.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

If WildTurtle didn't flash the Corki ult she would have died and the fight would have gone the opposite way.

So not a champion specific thing, but sometimes WildTurtle really does fantastic things.

Turtles mechanics are godlike, its his decision making that sometimes turns off

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Grawww Wildturtle's dad has a gigantic grin too :3:

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Also, god drat, I just posted this, but what a great loving series. Both teams played really well except for that stupid C9 level 1 in game 4. Bring on worlds! I hope the world finals is this close of a series.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mushi posted:

Also, god drat, I just posted this, but what a great loving series. Both teams played really well except for that stupid C9 level 1 in game 4. Bring on worlds! I hope the world finals is this close of a series.

It's just going to be Samsung White and Blue.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I wonder why other regions don't have this much trouble with trist. In the last 4 sets of ogn games trist was picked like once and never banned and in lpl playoffs she she was neither picked nor banned.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think Najin White Shield has a good chance of beating either of those teams, especially Samsung Blue.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

AParadox posted:

I wonder why other regions don't have this much trouble with trist. In the last 4 sets of ogn games trist was picked like once and never banned and in lpl playoffs she she was neither picked nor banned.

Koreans are clueless idiot morons who don't read this thread, that's why.

But really, NA players are good and comfortable with Trist, and their champion pools tend to lag behind what the Koreans pick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Last year everyone thought Samsung Ozone was gonna take it too, but they didn't make it out of groups and SKT and Royal Club shocked everyone, two underdogs from their regions.

Personally, I'm rooting for Samsung White & Alliance, and I'm gonna stick with those two teams all the way through. Hopefully a team with good colors wins the championship because SKT's Red/Gold was so ugly :v:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Hrm I guess there was no interview with Hai? I thought they were intending on that but maybe C9 peaced out super fast?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

AParadox posted:

I think part of it is that in Korea, they're just better at playing other roles. I mean the thing I saw this entire playoff, was how basically every jungler was still trying to sort out new champions after Elise/Lee got smacked so hard.

I was trying to say something else, longer, and my brain's dead.

Flameingblack posted:

Last year everyone thought Samsung Ozone was gonna take it too, but they didn't make it out of groups and SKT and Royal Club shocked everyone, two underdogs from their regions.

Personally, I'm rooting for Samsung White & Alliance, and I'm gonna stick with those two teams all the way through. Hopefully a team with good colors wins the championship because SKT's Red/Gold was so ugly :v:

Anyone beating the Korean teams in Korea will be pure gold.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 2, 2014

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Oh my god, what a perfect, perfect game. It happened, guys. IT FINALLY HAPPENED! TSM won! This is seriously a HUGE milestone, not just for them but for NA in general. Finally, C9 isn't an unbeatable monster in playoffs. The top 3 of NA is finally good enough that each of them can hang with the others. This how a region levels up. I don't know how NA will perform this Worlds, but I KNOW they'll close the gap with Korea. Can't wait for the world finals!

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Yeah, people thought Ozone was going to run the table last year too. :rolleyes: Upsets always happen and yeah one of the Korean teams will probably win and there's probably a not-insignificant chance the finals will be two Korean teams, but even if that happens I hope the finals turn out better than 3 one sided stomps.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I think Korea prefers ADCs who have closer powerspikes than Trist. Korean teams build scaling comps, but champs like Kog give you a midgame spike as well as that late game. Same with Twitch. And Vayne. Also Korea isn't like the god of innovation. EU/NA/China innovate picks and Korea eventually catches on and perfects them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mushi posted:

Yeah, people thought Ozone was going to run the table last year too. :rolleyes: Upsets always happen and yeah one of the Korean teams will probably win and there's probably a not-insignificant chance the finals will be two Korean teams, but even if that happens I hope the finals turn out better than 3 one sided stomps.
It's a shame what happened to Tabe after that, everyone fell in love with him during the championships.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really wish Riot would adopt blind pick 5th games.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I think Korea prefers ADCs who have closer powerspikes than Trist. Korean teams build scaling comps, but champs like Kog give you a midgame spike as well as that late game. Same with Twitch. And Vayne. Also Korea isn't like the god of innovation. EU/NA/China innovate picks and Korea eventually catches on and perfects them.

Yeah but china is even worse in regard of picking trist and china is the land of the superstar adc's. In Eu she was picked but had much less success, in fact she was more successful in mid than being adc.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I really want an NA team to bring Madlife over because its criminal that he's not going to be at worlds again.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

AParadox posted:

Yeah but china is even worse in regard of picking trist and china is the land of the superstar adc's. In Eu she was picked but had much less success, in fact she was more successful in mid than being adc.

I would think superstar ADCs like to duel and mechanic people and Trist just doesnt offer much...

Edit: but I dunno man maybe at worlds we'll see Trist as a super contested ADC pick

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I really want an NA team to bring Madlife over because its criminal that he's not going to be at worlds again.

I'd be fine with NA becoming the retirement home of former Korea pros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Shame he is not as good as he used to be anymore, no one even bans his thresh nowadays. Mata is the god sup now.

• Locked thread