Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I like to call 'em Punk-Rap or something. I'm working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

http://www.zombietime.com/folsom_sf_2007_part_1/index.php

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Griff the Cave Ape posted:

stop spamming this poo poo in my loving thread please

It's a good suggestion though. That was a very rude post.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

there's a song, I think it might be the second song where he just does the whole

swag, swag, swag, swag, swag, swag,

but I think it may be commentary

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Griff the Cave Ape posted:

I love hip hop, but I admittedly am not as knowledgeable in it as I should be.

Death Grips is honestly the only interracial "rap" (debatable, I know) group I can really think of, and that's super interesting to me.

What the poo poo does their skin color have anything to do with anything?

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

he said he was working on Death Grips #4

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Well, Death Grips did a remix for her last year or in 2011 so this isn't too unexpected.

I'm more excited for the crowd reactions. Those should be great.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm glad there is someone in music doing this stuff. It's interesting. I just don't want it to, or think it'll spread to other acts.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

It kind of is. Not like the genre, but that is what being a punk is.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Yeah but so what? Just because something is pretentious doesn't mean its any less of a statement or "art". I'm not trying to really support this too much, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

nomapple posted:

I don't think it makes it any less of a statement either. They pulled off what I guess you could call a daring stunt of sorts, but just because what they did was kind of interesting, I don't think it validates it. At the end of the day, they didn't show up for a gig, and were planning to do the same thing for other dates on the tour by the sound of it. Whether they intended it as a statement, or dressed it up as a statement, at it's core it's still a lovely thing to do.

Yeah, its 100% lovely for sure.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Yeah like people saying "It's the best thing they've ever done" what, you've had a more than a year to evaluate their older stuff and you already say its better than those? Jumpin' thee gun a bit.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

If you can't find it easily, it's likely that they aren't going on a tour or have one planned at the moment.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Griff Lee posted:

Both Hella and Death Grips have been extremely influential on contemporary music so Zach Hill certainly is doing something right. Mad respect.

I wouldn't say this post is an extremely accurate one.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

juniperjones posted:

Professionalism is the reason music nowadays is so often passionless and boring. "Professional Musician" is an oxymoron, as far as I'm concerned.

You can literally hear the punctuality. It's there in the mix, just behind the snare. I don't like it.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

they just lifted weights and screamed for the entirety of a game of thrones episode and like, I just wasn't satisfied with it really

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

If only it were a single LP...

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

love this rock music

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Wouldn't say this works really at all...

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

echronorian posted:

Ummmm Ya soooo don't book tours then? It's part of their persona and I think it's funny but don't throw in what's 'fair' here.

I don't think anyone cares to have this discussion. If you're still burned about them not showing up to your show (or you weren't even going to one of those and you're just upset for other people's sake) then it may be high-time to stop caring.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Just got three tickets for the first stop. Pretty excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

hellocruelworld posted:

haha nope, I didn't see that one. I went downstairs halfway through because the sound from the balcony was all treble.

Have they ever said thank you to any crowd before?

Yeah, I left before it but they apparently said thank you and looped it at the Seattle show.

• Locked thread