Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Radical Griff posted:

Someone asked me why I liked Death Grips because "it sounds like someone gave a schizophrenic homeless man a microphone and played it over dialup tones" and I told them they answered their own question.

Someone - maybe it was Anthony Fantano, or maybe someone else - compared listening to Death Grips to joining a gang: you get beat up for the first few days, but once you're in, everything falls into place and becomes fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Hoisin Crispy Owl posted:

Death Grips are on a tour right now in the UK, and I just got back from seeing them in Glasgow. It was just MC Ride and Flatlander - Zach Hill isn't there. Don't know why not, he hasn't quit the band or anything, but it was just as good. Very loud, very intense, and they played a little bit of everything. I wish they would release more music soon, I don't think their three records are enough for me right now!

Zach and Flatty have been alternating on their live shows over the past 6 months. The rumor is that the three members aren't allowed to all be on stage at the same time, or Epic records will sue the hell out of them, and I guess they can't really sub out MC Ride.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Zach Hill living the high life.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011
they'v never had a history of cancelling shows. they must have really been affected by that note. kind of lovely that the crowd destroyed their equipment.

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is this post for real

yeah? they don't have a history with standing up gigs. and destroying someone else's stuff cause your mad (while a totally death grips thing to do) is lovely.

But now i know that email is a month old i'll give that to you. new album coming out and a band like this thrives on controversy.

• Locked thread