Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

nasboat posted:

'Hacker' was one of the most hilariously quotable songs of 2012.

soon your crew will be serving sandwiches named after me

teaching bitches how to swim.

I've been on a Death Grips binge for about a month or so now, but I can't get into No Love/Deep Web aside from Hunger Games and Come Up and Get Me. It's like Ex-Military but without the interesting samples. Pleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I listen to Ex-Military in the same way I would a noise-rock album rather than I would a rap album, personally.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Don't they do some weird Skype thing? Or was that just at SXSW?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

luncheon meat posted:

I've been listening since around the time Ex-Military came out and I don't really like that album either apart Come Up. I thought I was the only one! It's like their work is becoming less aggressive and angry sounding over time which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you ask.

Yeah I get what you mean. Also there's no MC Ride being amazing and quoteable, aside from "I GOT THE NASTY IN MY TAXI! YOU NEED A LIFT? YOU CAN SIT BETWEEN THE BACK SEAT AND MY DICK!"

I've also tried to get a mate into Death Grips, which hasn't gone amazingly well. I knew he'd like I've Seen Footage and Hacker, but he listened to Guillotine instead...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Another Person posted:

I am more interested in what the movie would be actually...

Yeah, I wanna see footage.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

RYYSZLA posted:

I hadn't heard of Death Grips til a few weeks ago when I was on a bog standard youtube crawl, I just happened to be in the Black Metal / Crust Punk / Grindcore end of youtube, and was amazed that some "rap" was coming up in the related videos. long story short I listened to The Money Store (still got Get Got in my head) and decided this is more to rap what death metal is to regular metal. It's, dark, it's heavy, and it doesn't give a gently caress. Speaking as a closed-minded metalhead, if all rap was like this, and I wasn't so ignorant about what the rest of the genre sounds like, I would be totally into this all this poo poo, not just Death Grips. There anything similar to this I can get a reccomendation for?

I get a sort of Hacker type Death Grips vibe from Tempa T if only for the fact that it sounds violent and lends itself to being quoted all the time. Also some people can't understand what the gently caress he's saying, somewhat like MC Ride.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I like that you had that website to hand.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

If the next DG album is just that and MC Ride screaming for 40 minutes I'd be happy.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

^ Ninja'd like a motherfucker.

EDIT: Found a video to go with that.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Suddenly getting No Love Deep Web.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Yeah, it's one thing to gently caress over a label like they did with the who NLDW thing, but when it's the fans? Bit of a lovely thing to do really.

EDIT: Not that I'm actually surprised. In fact, I'm more surprised they haven't done this already.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 7, 2013

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah and it's low to gently caress over the people you're working for, too. I'm not saying that record labels are great but Death Grips signed a contract with them and then wound up not even giving them their album so they basically straight-up lied, exactly what they did to their fans.

It's not like Death Grips "did the right thing" not showing up or whatever, it's still a total dick move, but there's basically no way to logically defend the actions against their record label and then say that they're huge jerks for doing this.

companies r bad

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Yeah we all know the true heirs of Death Grips is the genius of Rifle Burs.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Birds is making me go "what the gently caress" which Guillotine did when I first listened to them so I can't exactly say I dislike it.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 27, 2013

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Yeah, REALLY can't get noided to this...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

flatlander is insane on this

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

and i say hey, hey
what a wonderful noided day

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

poop dood posted:

If anyone's wondering who's playing guitar on On GP I'm pretty sure it's Nick Reinhart of Tera Melos. He played on Fashion Week (Runway H (2)) and it definitely sounds like his style of playing.

drat, i was hoping robert pattinson would be made a full time member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lol if you buy tickets for this

• Locked thread