Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Dukka posted:

I always forget which version of PDS was the last good one before it went tits up with ~turbo realism~.

Seven. Five and six are my favorites because I like slow missiles more than hypervelocity pinpricks and ion cannons, and you could play the whole campaign - but seven was the last really good one and has the most cool new ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

grimcreaper posted:

I wanted to support complex but beghins put the mod behind a patreon pay gate. He first had it at $2000 a month required or he would cancel it entirely. It hit about 1200 and he lowered to $1000 to keep going.

Now to top it off at. $2000 he wants to give jobs to the community to help make development go faster. The catch is that they will not get paid.

He's a loving skeez and I won't touch complex now.

Okay, yeah, gently caress that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

For real though, it cannot be stated enough. gently caress Beghins. He likes to talk poo poo to really promising new modders (which vanilla HW2 is somehow still getting to this day) and rant about how complex already does their thing or already has a ship that looks vaguely like the cool new model they build from scratch, and he dogpiles his whole team in if they bite back at all, making GBS threads up their ModDB or forum thread or whatever and generally driving people off. The dude is a total scumbag and his mod is a bunch of poorly made garbage that only got anywhere by virtue of being more Homeworld at a time when more Homeworld was hard to come by. Don't play complex.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was trying to play Halo Homefront online with some friends, using -mpbeta as a command line parameter. It didn't work, we couldn't connect to each other. Any suggestion?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Beat HWR's campaign again. It's a lot different with weaker salvaging (though since most things in the final mission beeline the Mothership, you can loot all the supercapitals there anyway) and formations. Weirdly though there's a non-hostile, Taiidan controlled ball of Kushan destroyers and Ion Cannon Frigates near the resourcing points close to the Mothership. So that's strange.

e: Hilariously, Elson blew up almost immediately, but the Ion Cannon Frigates with him solo'd the Flagship. Two were still alive when they won.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The last mission has always been weird with spawning random balls of hostile Kushan ships that hang out just outside the map.

EDIT: In the remaster, anyway.

• Locked thread