Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

CommissarMega posted:

Well I hear Paradox and Stardock were in the running too; surely they could have had a few more dollars than Gearbox. Mind you, I might be mentally inflating their finances because I'm a fan :shobon:

That said, someone proposed that the following trailer is Paradox's way of saying 'Sorry we didn't get the IP':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw

Well it sucks that Gearbox got the Homeworld IP, but at least because of this thread I learned about this awesome game. It looks like a mashup of Warship Gunner 2 and Flotilla, which is great. Multi-platform multiplayer support is excellent also.

At least they will port the old games to Steam, and who knows, maybe they will farm out Homeworld 3 to someone who doesn't suck rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread