Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dammit, I have no idea what Wednesday means for Australian Xbox. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Any clue if it becomes available at 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM?

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Dr.Oblivious posted:

Any clue if it becomes available at 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM?

It's usually 12:00 PM.

Croccers posted:

I've been trying to figure this out for you, but I've have no idea. Even worse the Australian rating board has been dragging their feet, so I don't know if it's going to come out in Australia the same time as every where else.

And just so it doesn't get lost at the bottom last page here's Episode 4 of the IGN Play's State of Decay.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jonny Retro posted:

I've been trying to figure this out for you, but I've have no idea. Even worse the Australian rating board has been dragging their feet, so I don't know if it's going to come out in Australia the same time as every where else.

They have a trailer from last year on there :shrug: That's all I can find that's related to Australia. (The R18+ rating is in effect now by the way, until it's rated X there's no reason to block it)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Croccers posted:

XBLA games normally come out at 2 or 3 AM Pacific (US west coast) time on Wednesdays. That would be roughly 12 hours from the time I post this. There can be up to a 1 hour delay between "flipping the switch" and being able to find the game from your console.

That is just the usual practice though. I can't find specific details about this game at the moment, but I'm looking.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Croccers posted:

They have a trailer from last year on there :shrug: That's all I can find that's related to Australia. (The R18+ rating is in effect now by the way, until it's rated X there's no reason to block it)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8

I just found this on the Undead Labs forums:

Xbox Arcade Release Times Around the World
Countries Confirmed So Far

It's coming out in Germany, so I can't imagine Australia throwing a fit about it. Their ratings board was asking for more footage, so they're probably just trying to decide on what rating to give it, last Undead Labs mentioned.

EDIT:\/\/\/ I really love this trend too. It's already gotten us some fantastic, and different games. I really hope it continues, because it seems like the big studios are realizing that not all games have to have budgets that are larger than the GDP's of several countries to be a success.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 5, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jonny Retro posted:

Sup, can't play because of work buddy. :(:respek::(

The burden of the working man. :(:respek::(

Man, so money cheap, fantastically enjoyable games coming out lately. I really need to keep a running total before I go bankrupt or something.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Mokinokaro posted:

It looks like after the tutorial things go very sandbox. The plot parts are similar to GTA in that they can be ignored for the most part.

This sounds pretty drat awesome then. Kind of like what I hoped Zafehouse Diaries would be before I realized it was just linear campaigns.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I literally start work at 10am so have to wait till 7pm to play this bahh!

I loved Dead rising this kind of looks like that but with the added base management stuff which looks like it could be quite cool

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

One thing I'm really curious about is how the game will manage at keeping the sense of "character" to each survivor, or if they'll inevitably just blend together to fit the exact same role. From watching the IGN playthrough so far, Maya and Marcus each seem to have unique personalities/voices, but when at any given point in the game, any character can either be present, dead, or back at base... I just have a feeling that charm will disappear. :ohdear:

Still, totally going to sink some cash into snagging this today. Though I'm really wary of buying it off GameStop, since they don't even have a picture or release date for it on the game's page. Anyone know if that's normal for their site?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

IGN review is up, if you've been watching their LP I don't think it'll be a surprise what they gave it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/state-of-decay-review

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

IGN review is up, if you've been watching their LP I don't think it'll be a surprise what they gave it.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/05/state-of-decay-review

Wonderful. Between the LP, and the fact that one of them said something to the effect of, "Buy State of Decay if you're sick of wussy baby games" on their twitter, I had the feeling they enjoyed it.

Glad to see this has gotten some decent reviews, and it's not just a pile of dog poo and crushed dreams.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah. This fell off my radar for awhile, but it looks really awesome. slightly janky but ambitious games = the best games :) I'd rather they try and ALMOST get there, than dial too much back and be boring.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Man, I really want this, but I also want to hold off for a PC release. Decisions decisions.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I'm in the same boat. But for 20 bucks I think I'm going to just take the plunge and have to replay it on the PC later :)

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

It's up for DL. :dance:

Edit: Now it's gone. :smith:

Edit2: Now it up again. :dance:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 5, 2013

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Guys. Hey guys.

Guess what's on my Xbox.

If you don't see it try doing a search for it in the arcade. It wasn't popping up for me, but I managed to find the demo doing that, and you can just buy the full version through the demo. Should only have to download a few kilobytes after that.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jonny Retro posted:

If you don't see it try doing a search for it in the arcade. It wasn't popping up for me, but I managed to find the demo doing that, and you can just buy the full version through the demo. Should only have to download a few kilobytes after that.
Also try looking for it on the Xbox live website. If you buy it there it should automatically start downloading on your Xbox. It worked for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Downloading now. :dance:

Off to work in less than two hours. :smith:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Still in limbo for Aus :sigh:
I'm gonna bet it's either going to be up tomorrow, if not by then just whenever they feel like doing it.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
Starting the game now. So far so good.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
This looks really good. Have there been any hints about the PC release? Don't have a 360 to pick it up on.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
^^^ Think they said it was also coming to PC. The release date I'm not sure.

So far I found a hatchet and a shotgun with a bunch of rounds.

Edit: For anyone that knows, does this game make your first character based on what your XBL avatar looks like? If so that's awesome.

zarron fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 5, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh man, turns out the game doesn't pause when you're checking your map or journal. You know you always find the bloodied, tattered remains of someone's diary in these settings? That would be me. :laffo:

zarron posted:

Edit: For anyone that knows, does this game make your first character based on what your XBL avatar looks like? If so that's awesome.

Nah, Marcus is one of the few pre-defined dudes I think.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I thought this game was going to be a far-off release. Holy poo poo. Now just to wait for it to pop up on the Australian Live.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

I thought this game was going to be a far-off release. Holy poo poo. Now just to wait for it to pop up on the Australian Live.
From what I've managed to find, it's waiting on the Classification Board to actually give it a rating.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
I knew this game was incoming, but not today. Can't wait to try it out.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Got to go to work now, but I just finished what I assume is the tutorial and it's shaping up to be a very addictive experience. I see an all-nighter approaching after my shift. :haw:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

zarron posted:

So far I found a hatchet and a shotgun with a bunch of rounds.

I found 2 rifles in the cabins in the tutorial, but sadly no ammo for either. Couple molotovs too.

The fire axe has been useful though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Croccers posted:

From what I've managed to find, it's waiting on the Classification Board to actually give it a rating.

Ugh. Great.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

I found 2 rifles in the cabins in the tutorial, but sadly no ammo for either. Couple molotovs too.

The fire axe has been useful though.

Okay so it's different for everybody then. In that same area I found around 35 handgun bullets but no gun for it.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Managed to squeeze 45 min in before heading to work today. Seems fun! Found a Glock in a random house after the campsite stuff and a bunch of ammo. Blasted through it all before just reading now that resources are finite...oops. :downs:

Is there character to character trading or do I have to go through the stash (which seems to cost reputation)?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

zarron posted:

Okay so it's different for everybody then. In that same area I found around 35 handgun bullets but no gun for it.

Yeah, everything you find while scavenging is randomized to some extent, though if you check a gun shop for example, you'll find at least one or two guns.

EDIT: /\ You have to go through the stash, but as you gain rep for putting items in it, it should a zero sum.

FordGT40
Jul 4, 2012
drat this game looks fun. Can it be downloaded without paying for Live? I don't play online so I'm slightly ignorant to the ins and outs of it all. I'm assuming it's available in the UK now too?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any news on when it's coming to PC? This sounds like just the game for me :zombie:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FordGT40 posted:

drat this game looks fun. Can it be downloaded without paying for Live?

You don't need Live gold (paid subscription) to buy things.

@ekuNNN, PC version is expected late this year but there's been no official announcement besides one is coming.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

FordGT40 posted:

I'm assuming it's available in the UK now too?

Yup, got it all downloaded and ready for playing later on tonight.

dunc-uk
Jul 27, 2002

FordGT40 posted:

drat this game looks fun. Can it be downloaded without paying for Live? I don't play online so I'm slightly ignorant to the ins and outs of it all. I'm assuming it's available in the UK now too?

UK marketplace link : http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8

You can buy marketplace games on the web to save you the pain of using the 360 interface. Starts downloading soon after you power on your Xbox. Shame I'm busy tonight, looks ace. :(

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Twenty minutes in and I've already been trapped in a tiny cabin with three zombies slowly tearing down the barricades that I hastily nailed over the windows. I think I like this game already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Ugh, gently caress you Australian classification board. Germany approved this before you? Do your job. :(

• Locked thread