Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I really hope these contests mean the game is coming out next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
http://undeadlabs.com/2013/05/news/anyone-else-getting-a-twitch-waiting-for-launch/

Live stream today at 11 AM PDT. Hopefully we get a release date.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Game is still in certification, according to the stream.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

lady blue shanghai posted:

I hope this makes it to PC.

The devs have pretty much confirmed that it will, but not until later in the year due to their development deal with Microsoft.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
And it's official. Game is out Wednesday.

http://undeadlabs.com/2013/06/news/6-5-13/

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure the UL stream is from a lot later in the game. Their party seems to be far more established than the early game IGN play.

EDIT: Yeah, if you look at their home status they're in dev mode or something since they have 999 of all supplies.

EDIT2: \/ I didn't watch it long enough but they actually admit to "cheating" only a few minutes into the first video when they check the supply stash.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 4, 2013

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

How much sandboxy loving around is there to do anyway? Are you pressed to do the main storyline or can you just dick around surviving for the sake of itself?

It looks like after the tutorial things go very sandbox. The plot parts are similar to GTA in that they can be ignored for the most part.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

zarron posted:

So far I found a hatchet and a shotgun with a bunch of rounds.

I found 2 rifles in the cabins in the tutorial, but sadly no ammo for either. Couple molotovs too.

The fire axe has been useful though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

zarron posted:

Okay so it's different for everybody then. In that same area I found around 35 handgun bullets but no gun for it.

Yeah, everything you find while scavenging is randomized to some extent, though if you check a gun shop for example, you'll find at least one or two guns.

EDIT: /\ You have to go through the stash, but as you gain rep for putting items in it, it should a zero sum.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

FordGT40 posted:

drat this game looks fun. Can it be downloaded without paying for Live?

You don't need Live gold (paid subscription) to buy things.

@ekuNNN, PC version is expected late this year but there's been no official announcement besides one is coming.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lawlicaust posted:

I think they probably mean the broader definition of MMO, something more like War-Z.

I hope you meant Day Z. War Z was awful.

But yeah, I could see this working really good with that kind of server setup and modding.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

UberJumper posted:

- Often zombies are laying on the ground, and i sneak up on them and try to do the killing strike. Instead they just seem to get up and my killing strike becomes a shove. How do i kill them on the ground?

The stealth kill attack actually works well on them as long as you get behind them while they're standing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Knightmare posted:

I think the game world persists in real-time according to some article a while back. I mean you won't log in to find your outpost overrun by zombies or anything if you don't play for a week but I guess *stuff happens* while you're not playing the game.

Sounds like it's mostly just the construction. The developers said that it won't kill off your survivors in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Akumos posted:

I can't wait until they release a sequel to this game and refine the mechanics. It's really a solid loving game for what it is, a lot more fun than DayZ in some ways. I think it work well as a single player game, multiplayer versions of this just turn into Call of Duty, but that can be fun sometimes.

The original plan was to make an MMO next. Which would probably just devolve into another boring Day Z.

• Locked thread