Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
A Wednesday instead of a Tuesday? That's super uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

losonti tokash posted:

Not sure when they started this, but Wednesday has been the release date for arcade games for a while now.

Oh, didn't know that, well I guess that sorta makes sense...

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Dr.Oblivious posted:

I feel like this game doesn't give the right impression how essential killing hordes and trailing their point of origin is to the player and his/her community's survival. It goes without saying that they can easily overwhelm and kill a character if they get corned by one, but if you ignore them they can create infestations, which in turn causes more loner, special, and hordes of zombies to appear in an area. Finally, hordes can scare your NPCs into hiding which causes them to become 'missing' which mean there's a chance they can be they'll never be found again or even killed; I lost a game this way, half my community ended MIA and then my home base was swarmed by three different hordes. Everyone died fighting and screaming. :smith:

Outpost aren't needed, they're a loving requirement for survival.

I just hop in a car and take out the Horde with said car... I haven't found them too hard yet, how do you track their origin point?

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Anyone have any tips for defending Doc and Eli on that mission? I sent Maya there with her rifle, a bunch of fire bombs, 2 painkillers and ton of bullets, but there ended up being 2 of those big guys and they're so hard to kill.. and the AI is pretty useless. And yeah, same with me, no ammo there either when I checked.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Anyone have any success with moving to the Residence in the first town near the Church? The construction site wasn't a infestation yet when I went there to get materials to start building improvements, there was like 30 zombies in there and almost overran me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

losonti tokash posted:

What about it makes it unsuited to consoles?

The game looks like total rear end?

• Locked thread