Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Do we know when Wednesday? I'm in the UK, so I'm wondering when it'll come out in my time zone.

Oh well, I'm still excited for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

It's amazing how quickly things in this game can go from "hey, our community is getting somewhere" to "OK, everyone panic!!!".

I think the intro was a bit rushed though.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Why isn't the barbed wire all along the fences of the safehouses? Zombies keep on climbing in the gaps.

I think I'm going to start a new game. I didn't plan very well, and all my bet trained guys went missing all at the same time, leaving my group with a lack of skills. Every time someone went out to get supplies to build stuff as that the others could catch up, they tended to be too underpowered to wander too far.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I'd recommend not setting up base at the Farmhouse. It's kind of out of the way, so you can't quickly pop in and out for supplies. That, and it's surrounded by large open fields with little cover that make it really easy for zombies to see you, and swarm the base - which they did constantly for me.

I've got the option to do the endgame now, but I'm not ready, I'm still having fun. I agree that the side quests and storylines just seem to end, for no reason and with little resolution.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I just finished the story, but the point of the game isn't the story.

The only achievement I need is the "badass" one, but it's not unlocking, despite the fact that I used Maya for nearly every single job or task. People on the Undead Labs forums are speculating that there's a bug where it won't unlock with Maya - has anyone else had this problem?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

You'll get lead around the main settlements, yes.

I was trying to get the badass achievement with Marcus (since it seems to be bugged with Maya). I got overtly confidence and decided to clear an infestation at night. It was in a storage shed, and I didn't realise how packed with zombies it would be. Marcus got torn apart, and every attempt to improve the community has only made things worse.

It's impressive how quickly things can turn into chaos in this game.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Athanatos posted:

About the end: Is it suppose to be a mystery what is on the other side of the gate? I didnt even get a chance to rotate the camera before someone said "oh my god what do we do now?" and it ended. Can you see something on the other side?

The story of the game is pretty rushed and under-developed: subplots just seem to end without any consequence. Like Ray: he seems like an interesting character, he gets fleshed out, then you never hear from him again, aside from his one line response to talking to him in the Court. The only one that seems to have any point is Becca and Quentin's if you reveal her secret, Quentin runs off and she's killed by looters. If you don't reveal it, they become closer. but that's it. Oh, and Lily has a minor subplot, but that's about it.

I guess material had to be cut for time reasons? Ray was pretty cool, I would have liked him to be in the game more. Then again, the story isn't the game's main appeal, really.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

One thing that annoys me is that the zombies can climb over the fence at Synder trucking. I can understand them going over barb wire, since pain doesn't bother them, but them being able to get over anti-climbing fences, especially when the player can't, feels a little cheap.

Defending the trucking depot from the front isn't hard, but zombies tend to spawn in the area behind it, and can easily sneak through the back. I've had a feral get in once, which was a :stare: experience. Luckily Lily and a group of survivors held it off quickly.

I'm seeing what happens if you completely drain the map of resources in my current play through.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Am I the only one who doesn't like the special infected much? They seem kind of out of place, and are more annoying than anything.

The game spawns so many SWAT and Army zeds that they just become pointlessly dull to fight all the time. Aside from that, I think the zombie AI is pretty well done.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Did TU2 add new random events? I'm seeing messages now about mood that I've never seen before.

Whats the most survivors you can have? I've got up to 38, and the game refuses to find any more.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Trustworthy posted:

On another related note, does anyone ever build extra bunkhouses and play with a group larger than 16? Leveling up skills and keeping that many people equipped sounds ponderous to me, but I'm curious.

Largest group I've had is 36, but after the second patch, Lily would always fail to find more, so I guess the patch adds a population limit?

I was curious what would happen if I drained the map of resources and had an unsustainably high population. The answer is: not much, since when the simulation is running when you aren't playing, NPCs seem to find supplies from...somewhere constantly.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

more friedman units posted:

Anybody else burning out quickly with this? I'm enjoying it, but the gameplay gets repetitive fast. I wish there was more to setting up outposts and scavenging; maybe having to staff them with survivors, site barricades and defenses, multiple bases across the map...?

I think the story, although it was pretty shallow and thin, did help to keep a feeling of progress in the game. Breakdown is nice, but I think it comes down to the same issue the game has always had - you've got some great ideas and mechanics here: it just needs to be deeper, bigger and have more content.

I don't play PC games, but Project Zomboid and Dead State are looking appealing. Although, considering the budget and resources they had for State of Decay, it's pretty impressive.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Is it just me, or does the difficulty spike way up at level 3? It's not so bad if you've been leveling and stocking up over level 2 to 3, but starting fresh at Level 3, there were loads of runner zombies, hardly any cars, and there were enclaves already squatting in the Church base, and most of the local area had already been looted.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Playing Breakdown level 5, I decided to be clever and make a run to pick up a previously dropped sack of fuel, in the dark, on foot. I figured it'd only be a short sprint.

My character is now stuck on top of a water tower, with only an empty gun and a melee weapon, with two hoardes, about 15 freaks and 30 odd zombies waiting for me to try and make a break for it. :stare:

And more are piling in. :stonk:

This game is amazing.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 14, 2013

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

The most disappointing thing about Breakdown is that "The Biker" isn't Biker Steve.

I've grinded them all except fro the 50 explosive kills (the game is really picky about what it counts, so I'll need to set up a base that can research pipe bombs, and that takes a while), and the sniper. I'm really bad at the shooting in this game anyway, and I've heard a lot of people find that one tricky.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I just need to get the sniper to regain my 100% completion. I've got the hang of how it works now, it's just a grind. Especially when army zombies get in the way and ruin a streak at the last one.

I wonder when the next DLC will be announced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Mainly I'm looking forward to the new map. Breakdown shook up the original map and made it exciting and tense again (try starting a level 10 game new, with no supplies hoarded from previous maps :stare:), but a new map to explore? Sounds interesting!

• Locked thread