Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Marcus died. :smith: I went on a mission to take out a feral zombie. On route I got attacked by something that pinned me down and wouldn't let up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lasher posted:

I can see this bringing about a lot of bad Cannon Fodder memories. RIP Jools and Jopps.

Honestly someone needs to start up like a blog or something with all the stories of goon's character deaths.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Well my preacher died. Some moron let a zombie into the compound and preacher man got ate.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Has anyone else been picked up and ripped in half by a zombie? It's pretty :smith:

That's what happened to Marcus. What makes it worse was it was the thing I was supposed to kill, just hadn't started the mission yet. :smith:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just learned you can aim your melee weapons. I don't know if this means you get more precise swings but it's something.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

gibbed posted:

Getting yourself killed seems to change the time to day. :v:

Breaking both your legs works too!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

"COME TO THE CHURCH"
"Okay cool well we just got these truck keys so that shouldn't take long. What? The bridge is out? FFFF-"

And then I failed jumping the gap, the truck tumbled into the ravine, exploded, and now a gravely injured Maya hates me. The end.

I think this might be the best story to come out of this game so far. :allears:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Ed died. :smith: Dude went out on a scavenger run while I was helping out some other survivors. Radio lady tells me his situation is dire and sure enough it was. Got there right as three different hordes descended upon him along with two ferals. I did everything I could to save him but it was too little too late. His dying breath was "A little closer.....little closer....there!" followed by an explosion. Dude went out with a bang. :black101:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Welp maya is dead. Fatty fat tits zombie ate me because the half witted people I was helping decided putting up barricades was more important than helping me kill poo poo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Croccers posted:

Jump through all the barricades.

That's hard to do when the fatty was holding me up in the air, by my throat, and just chowing down on my face.

Edit: I just realized that all three of my starter survivors are dead now. :smith:

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 7, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I hit a horde of zombies so hard that I got air in my ratty old pick up. :stare:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I can mercy kill people! This is the best goddamn game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Captain McStabbin posted:

For anyone having trouble with the defense mission in the rundown building with the wilkersons, did you just ignore the dialog? They mention how the casks are filled with volatile moonshine outside, plus they give you a couple bottles of moonshine firebombs. Huck one of those at the big guy as he comes in and when he's near one of the casks and it'll take him down instantly.

I completely missed the flammable casks thing and just let the big bastard in so me and the dude downstairs could wail on him.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If you're talking about the Wilkersons misson, yep, that sucks. I barely got through it alive with Marcus, but I did it. Here's my tips:

- Raid their ammo and molotovs. Use it all.
- Headshot as many zombies as you can before the fatty shows up, but save a few mags for when he does.
- The fatty's method of entering the house is teleporting through the door without opening it. Don't be near it.
- Don't gently caress around, unload all your ammo into him as fast as possible, and hit him with at least 1 molotov before he's in range to hurt you.
- Try to lure him near the Wilkerson guy, but don't expect him to help out much other than being a distraction. He really, really likes putting up those barricades.
- B-roll. B-roll. B-ROLL.
- Be ready for a second round. You have to face two of them.

What I've found works best in this game is horde like crazy until you run into a special zombie - and then unload EVERYTHING. They are what your hording has been preparing for.

Nah, she died on one a mission to help the people in town defend their little house.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just had the best bug. I log on and Cash calls me up because he wants to merge our group of survivors. Shortly after the call ends I get a message saying "Cash has died." I decide to run over and help out the rest of his buddies anyway because that's what good neighbors do. I do this and I see at the bottom of my screen this subtitle: "Cash: Hey thanks. I don't think we can survive much longer on our own. Mind if we join up?" Sure enough Cash has returned to the living like some zombie apocalypse Jesus. Totally gonna make him my main survivor now.

Edit: Hahahaha holy poo poo. I just had three zombies moon walk at me while I help these idiots evacuate.

Edit2: You: "Grab it!" *Cash casually closes the door.* Trying to get these guys evacuated has given me the best 3 minutes of gameplay I've ever had.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 9, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit Sam, quit loving worrying about juggernauts. Last two we hunted down nearly got you killed.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Lotish posted:

Can you talk them out of doing one of these hunts? I would gladly spend some influence now and again to get them to just come home and chill out. As it stands I know declining can end up with them doing it on their own. So far all of mine have survived their solo efforts, but there's always the chance...

The last two I decided to ignore ended up getting killed. It's why it's bugging me so much.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just finished the game. It was nighttime so I didn't get to see anything that the game tried to show you for winning. Also the developers are assholes for sending three juggernauts and two ferals at you during the final mission.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

lucasw99 posted:

I'm curious as to how far through the game I am but thats almost impossible to work out without knowing what missions are story or non story related. How long did it take you to complete?

Once the end get's rolling it goes by pretty fast. You'll know when you're approaching the end when it starts too.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Retro posted:

Alan did the same thing in my game. Then he went to the Diner and shot himself.

Same here. Except I took Alan to the local Swine and Dine restaurant and introduced him to the horrors of talking dolls.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just had an interesting bug happen with Sam. Had to go meet her so I could help her find Andy Hoffman(?) and as soon as I get there she books it across the farm field in the back. She only stopped whenever she had to fight a feral zombie. But after said feral was dead she continued to run across the field. I only caught up to her after she got stuck on a fence.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I found that plane from the promo images last night and was unbelievably excited about it. Then I get there and find out I get a whole 3 containers to loot and can't actually get inside the plane. At least the thermite I found was neat.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
On one hand, I'm seriously upset that co-op most likely won't be a thing in this game. I'd absolutely love to play co-op and could easily see myself dumping loads more hours into this.

On the other hand, they've garnered enough good will from me that I'll happily throw money at whatever next game they make.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Bruc posted:

Yeah I feel the same way about the specials, they are all pretty solid but Juggernauts seem to hit or miss as far as how easy they are to kill. Sometimes it feels like I can pop them in the back of the head a few times with a shotgun and they go down, sometimes I empty a ton of bullets into the back of their head and it doesn't do a thing. They're pretty easy to run from though and Molotovs are plentiful so that's usually how I do it if I don't just run away.

Ferals are what really scare me though, as easy as they are when you are prepared for them, if they catch you off guard and there are other zombies around they can gently caress you up in a hurry.

For me, ferals immediately get all of my attention if I hear they're growl. I would always let my survivor buddies die to the fatty fat tits if a feral so much as growled anywhere near me. "Fatty chowin down on your face? Too bad bitch, you're expendable as all hell."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Korlac posted:

The PC version is coming out the same time multiplayer is :P

You cruel, heartless bastard. Stop reminding me that co-op isn't gonna be a thing. :negative:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

homeless snail posted:

Unless everyone's tired then go crazy with the trucker speed.

You say this like you shouldn't be taking trucker speed at every opportunity.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

S.T.C.A. posted:

Is the preacher dying actually avoidable? I was told "Black Fever: Preacher So and So Has it :(" and then within a few minutes, Alan shot him, so I finally went back to base. If I went back sooner, would Alan not shoot him?

How far into the plot is the "Meet the Law" quest? I noticed that quest just isn't disappearing so I assume it's a major plot point. Does it unlock anything in particular?

Spoiler 1: Nope. His death is scripted. Plus Alan is a gigantic dick.

Spoiler 2: You're right in your assumption. And yes it gives you a chance to recruit more survivors to your enclave.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Overdoze posted:

Does doing that quest suddenly make my life noticeably more difficult? I've been avoiding it because I'm too busy preparing to move bases and was afraid it might cause even more freak zombies to spawn or something like that. However I also need more survivors in my gang asap so would that be worth it? I only have like 10 and want to move to the warehouse.

Nope. Those people, apart from the guys you save, just flat out die. Whoever you save gets to be apart of your enclave afterwards. Zombies don't spawn more frequently and neither do the freak zombies. Just knock that out of the way and get some more people to throw at zombies.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Best survivor I've ever seen was one my buddy got. He was taking him around town when the survivor just goes on this long rear end speech about toilet paper. Essentially, he though it was funny that you can generally find food and guns and stuff lying around but toilet paper is just gone. Then the perk thing popped up with "New trait discovered: Priorities."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
One of the survivors I just found in the Breakdown DLC has an interesting bug going on with him. He doesn't have a flashlight. Instead, a beam of light is emitted from his crotch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I've already lost one survivor to a Fatty. Having not played this in a long while I spazed out and did the following in an attempt to kill it:

-Used up all of my police revolver ammo. Missed every shot.
-Used up all three of my molotov's. Hit the fatty twice while setting my buddy on fire with the third one.
-Smacked it in the rear end a couple of times with my lead pipe. Bad idea.
-Honked my horn at it.
-Ran into it with a car, knocked it over, and blew out all my tires in the process. Car was too slow/light to finish it off.
-Repeat above except with a truck.
-Hit it with the truck door. Fatty didn't like this and ripped the door off the truck.
-Drop kicked it. Bad idea.

After all of that my buddy ended up getting eaten. I said gently caress it and ran away.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Things of note:

-Survivors will not attack things that are right outside the safehouse gate it seems. I just lost another character because while I was being buttfucked by two hordes of zombies I had three survivors watching me, from inside the safe zone, who were 5 feet away.

-Safehouse gates don't close automatically anymore.

-Fatties can climb walls now.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Vitamin P posted:

Please tell me they still can't get through doors.

I started as a sleazy alcoholic with asthma and fell off the survey point in the first mission. Rick Grimes I ain't.

I have no idea. All I know is seeing a fatty climb over a safe house wall is terrifying.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Found a place that was meant to, and should have been, a home site just now. I say meant to because there's nothing there. It's out on the eastern side of the map where the dino gas station is. Climb up the survey spot and you'll discover a potential home site. But it doesn't appear on your map and the site itself is just an open field with two picnic tables in it. Needless to say I was very upset I couldn't make the dino station a home site.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Found a group of survivors that are living in the very center of five infestations.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
"Huh. That's a pretty big group of zombies. But it's not showing as a horde. Wonder what it is."
*Three bloaters, a feral, two swats, and a fatty.*
":stare: Nope."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Archonex posted:

They're actually pretty useful in the later stages, i've found. Just have to park your cars in a safe place depending on the HQ you're in. Plus, ammo for the thing is so rare that it's easier to just toss it to a NPC rather than deal with lugging it around looking for a good use.

On another note, has anyone had an odd bug where all of your NPC's run off and disappear when set up at Snyder's? I've noticed them running out of the HQ en-masse at the start of loading a game, never to re-appear unless I reload. It's the only HQ where that happens at, which leads me to assume it's a bug.

Also just discovered that there actually are military bases of sorts. More like checkpoints, and they have a special version of the ammo resource if you can find them. I cracked one open and was rewarded with a ton of assault rifle/LMG ammo. Not sure if that's new to breakdown or not, but it was a pleasant surprise when I discovered it when wandering the game world.

Yeah I've found those as well. I never cracked em open because my group of 25 is always running out of ammo.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Killed a fatty by drop kicking it enough. Felt pretty drat proud of myself after that.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Tommofork posted:

Dear god man are you insane? Did you run out of weapons or something?

Pretty much yeah. Wasn't letting that fat bitch go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mister Bates posted:

Also, I can now join the 'Meleed a Big Bastard to Death' club. It's a lot easier with three people than it is by yourself, it goes down remarkably quickly to a hurricane of blows from a pirate cutlass, a wakizashi, and a crowbar.

The "Dropkick a Big Bastard to Death by yourself" club is way better.

• Locked thread