Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Twenty minutes in and I've already been trapped in a tiny cabin with three zombies slowly tearing down the barricades that I hastily nailed over the windows. I think I like this game already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Laterbase posted:

Also with the finite resources won't the game eventually become unplayable? (No food, medicine or materials).

You can eventually grow food and do other things to mitigate some of the finite resources, but you have to keep in mind that the game is designed to have a concrete ending so you're not supposed to just play on one save forever.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Speedball posted:

I crouched in a bush while a horde stumbled past me, one coming within inches of my character.

Who knew zombie stealth could be so fun?

And on the opposite side of the token, sneaking up on a lone zombie and using the taunt emote just before knocking its head off with a 2x4 is extremely satisfying. Risky, but satisfying.

"A little closer... closer... gently caress YOUUUUUUU!!!!!" *SPLAT*

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Shadowlz posted:

I think the toys can be thrown at windows to attract zombies to them.

Yeah, that's basically it. The sound of breaking glass is hella loud and will attract any zombies within a pretty large area, it's sorta useful if they're spreading out around the building you're in and you want to lure them into a single chokepoint to off them or to make it easier to sneak out the back door.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

GimpInBlack posted:

You can spot infestations from survey points. Also, that issue is going to be fixed in the patch.

Yeah, I learned pretty quick that survey points aren't one-time deals for spotting storyline places like I thought at first. Making a trip to the nearest one every couple in game days is a good idea so you can stay on top of infestations before they get really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

So I just started up my game, and between last night and now literally everyone but Marcus got seriously injured because of the infestations and special zombs that popped up in the downtime. Broken legs and cracked ribs EVERYWHERE. :psyduck:

I think I'll just wait for that patch before I start over, this is kinda ridiculous.

• Locked thread