Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

One thing I'm really curious about is how the game will manage at keeping the sense of "character" to each survivor, or if they'll inevitably just blend together to fit the exact same role. From watching the IGN playthrough so far, Maya and Marcus each seem to have unique personalities/voices, but when at any given point in the game, any character can either be present, dead, or back at base... I just have a feeling that charm will disappear. :ohdear:

Still, totally going to sink some cash into snagging this today. Though I'm really wary of buying it off GameStop, since they don't even have a picture or release date for it on the game's page. Anyone know if that's normal for their site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

T3hRen3gade posted:

Is there a way to de-outpost a building or otherwise reset them? I initially took the Treehouse base and maxed my outposts in the neighborhood, but I moved to the bigger garage base and want to re-place my outposts more strategically in the new area. The wiki doesn't mention anything about it.

When managing your main base on the journal, you can move down to the bottom row of icons that represents your outposts. One minor flaw, though; it doesn't show which is which on the map, so they're all generically designated as "House" or "Gun Shop". Makes it ~really~ hard if you can't figure out which one you actually want to remove. :ohdear:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Oh Christ alive, I just invited a female former-athlete alcoholic cosplayer with the personality of "psychopath" into my group without knowing.

What the hell, State of Decay.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Man, Lifeline is absolutely handing my rear end to me in a little basket. :stare:

Seriously, gently caress the big guys.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Acquire Currency! posted:

I'm getting real tired of trying to rescue a survivor only to have the stupid fucker die. There's nothing I can do if the second I show up he gets downed and won't even get up if I get zombies off him.
Yeah, I'm about three hours into my... fourth playthrough (I hosed up big in the last three and restarted), and there really does seem to be a bit of a problem with zombie volume. Out of twelve or so rescue attempts, every single one so far has been me walking into a house and finding them on the ground, being mauled by a horde of zombies. It's outright impossible for me to save them in time unless I completely unload an entire shotgun and get lucky enough to knock every single one of them off the poor bastard. Combine that with just how loving easily NPCs seem to go into that "HELP ME!" state, and how long it takes them to get back up... It's starting to get a bit tedious.

Or maybe I'm just bad at the game. :negative:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Oh. My God.

Just rescued someone in Lifeline. His name is Snake. And he's a ~weekend ninja~. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

On a not-mod-related note, has anyone been having trouble with repairs in Lifeline? It seems like my game is glitched out in the same way that the initial release of the whole game was, where even with a fully-upgraded workshop, repairs never seem to triggered on parked vehicles or even weapons in storage.

• Locked thread