Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That's a good question, i'd like to know that too. I keep having random civvies die, i'm one survivor away from getting into snyder (i'm not going for a quirky run) and I can't get anyone to join me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Man I wish you could turn the sim mode off. If I leave the game for two days all the loving enclaves die or move.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fibby Boy posted:

I've already lost one survivor to a Fatty. Having not played this in a long while I spazed out and did the following in an attempt to kill it:

-Used up all of my police revolver ammo. Missed every shot.
-Used up all three of my molotov's. Hit the fatty twice while setting my buddy on fire with the third one.
-Smacked it in the rear end a couple of times with my lead pipe. Bad idea.
-Honked my horn at it.
-Ran into it with a car, knocked it over, and blew out all my tires in the process. Car was too slow/light to finish it off.
-Repeat above except with a truck.
-Hit it with the truck door. Fatty didn't like this and ripped the door off the truck.
-Drop kicked it. Bad idea.

After all of that my buddy ended up getting eaten. I said gently caress it and ran away.

I usually lob a molotov and while its burning and crouched use a riot shotgun on it. When I don't have a survivor like that I usually just avoid them, they take up to much ammo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
What do you mean nope? A mine and a grenade will sort that nicely :black101:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
When a zombie leaps for me i just tap be and dodge out the way, saves a bit of health. In the middle of a big fight you'll have to do it every now and again to avoid getting hit, just swinging won't stop that.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Fewd posted:

How in the poo poo does someone resist the urge to mulch that pickup into that wall of zombies :stare:

Man, i'd just lob a few grenades. Much more fun to see em fly.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jerusalem posted:

Should I worry about the population of my homebase before setting up outposts? If I make too many too soon, am I spreading everybody too thin and effectively exiling a single person to have to defend a little out of the way location from any zombie that wanders by?

From what i've seen survivors don't actually man outposts. Go wild, make as many as you want.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like rage, if you do a finishing move it costs gently caress all, which is handy.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

BobMcFartsens posted:

Yikes, logged in today and half my party is dead or gone...That blows. I thought I had high moral and good defenses :smith:.

Honestly, this is why I want an option to turn that poo poo off. It pisses me off more than anything.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

FrickenMoron posted:

Edit: I used the "game continues to play" as a way to cheese research times.

That's what I ended up using it for when I played the game, I still think it would be better if they redid the times it took to research if you turned the option off (make it only toggle-able at the start of a game rather than during). I play on Xbox because my PC was boned at the time, so mods aren't an option unfortunately.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Jesus Christ lifeline. I've got one soldier who keeps standing where he will be the first one to be ripped apart by ferals. Can you guess which one it is?

Its loving sasquatch, who in my playthrough is always ill. "badass" my rear end

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Danith posted:

State of Decay: Is full of dicks

That's pretty hilarious. Wonder if someone can grab the uncompressed assets before they 'I assume' patch them out of the current game, curious how visable they are

I hope so, that's loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Atmus posted:

I'm convinced that the only reason Stealth Kill and Double Kill are ever used is for the achievements.

I use it to quietly go through a house from time to time when I want to be "tacticool"

• Locked thread