Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Dammit, I have no idea what Wednesday means for Australian Xbox. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jonny Retro posted:

I've been trying to figure this out for you, but I've have no idea. Even worse the Australian rating board has been dragging their feet, so I don't know if it's going to come out in Australia the same time as every where else.

They have a trailer from last year on there :shrug: That's all I can find that's related to Australia. (The R18+ rating is in effect now by the way, until it's rated X there's no reason to block it)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Still in limbo for Aus :sigh:
I'm gonna bet it's either going to be up tomorrow, if not by then just whenever they feel like doing it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

I thought this game was going to be a far-off release. Holy poo poo. Now just to wait for it to pop up on the Australian Live.
From what I've managed to find, it's waiting on the Classification Board to actually give it a rating.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

angrynaut posted:

Ugh, gently caress you Australian classification board. Germany approved this before you? Do your job. :(
Man, I wish I worked at the classification board. "Let's just look at those multi-million marketing budget dollar games, that's all that exists in that video games thing right? :v: "

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Downloaded the demo from the US, tossing up if I want to cough up for some US points and just get it through that or fiddle around in the demo until the stop sitting on their hands and classify the game.
But... what's with the widescreen TV's in the tents?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how the demo is actually the full game, just on a like... 1 hour or so timer. So I can rush through the mountain then bugger around for a while.
I made a circle out of cars and stood in the centre shooting off zombies.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
On the topic of an Australian/NZ release: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?17594-Special-Launch-Day-FAQ!

quote:

Q: I can't find the game! (Australia/New Zealand)

A: We did not hear a final go-ahead from your review board in time to make the launch. They asked us for some additional footage, which we submitted, but now we have to wait and see. Here is what will happen: We'll get a rating, and we'll add it to the next game update. We are working on the next game update right now! But, uh, the update has to go through certification. So I don't have a date. But we are really traumatized that we couldn't launch with you. I'm saving some game codes for you, and we'll have our own damned launch party JUST FOR YOU.
:sigh:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Little Mac posted:

"COME TO THE CHURCH"
"Okay cool well we just got these truck keys so that shouldn't take long. What? The bridge is out? FFFF-"

And then I failed jumping the gap, the truck tumbled into the ravine, exploded, and now a gravely injured Maya hates me. The end.
But at the end of the trailer in the demo the truck jumps the gap D:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Monster w21 Faces posted:

A lot of stuff in the game appears to be stock CryEngine 3 SDK material including things like grass and human animations. I'm no expert but the player controls almost identically to the (placeholder) CryEngine 3 character.
This is running on CryEngine 3 :psyduck:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think....I just say a Back To The Future easter-egg/reference. I was driving down the road at night when I saw a whole bunch of fire. I went to look at it, two burnt rubber tire marks on the ground, and above me were some power lines.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Fuuuuck. I got a modern truck glitched into a rock then it flipped over and exploded. :arghfist::saddowns:
The Rally Hatchbacks are pretty good too.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

TJO posted:

No, they can handle it on their own usually but occasionally you'll get told they need a rescue. It's a little slower if they do it alone as well.
Oh gawd, I wish they'd use the car in the parking space when they go on supply runs. I'm more than happy to pick up random cars if they took the truck on runs.

I think I might have figured out Outposts. Instead of looting everything, discover the Resources and plonk down an Outpost, you'll get a slow trickle of whatever supply it was. So you have a small ecomony instead of running around all the time.
I think....

Also if you want a buddy with you for stuff, I just wait until you get those Fear/Angry/Sad missions with your friends. The mission is just go to this place and kill zombies but they stick around with you until you return to base.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 7, 2013

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Fibby Boy posted:

Welp maya is dead. Fatty fat tits zombie ate me because the half witted people I was helping decided putting up barricades was more important than helping me kill poo poo.
Jump through all the barricades.

I just had my first survivor die. It was Sam when I was trekking back up to the Mount to get Radio Chick's memento of her father. They had a nice touching story until she got torn apart :sadsmith:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Anytime I touch a Big bastard with a car, even the modern truck, it fucks up the wheels and just knocks it over at most.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm also worried about Ed. For me the guy is always sad and depressed and bringing everyone down.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
About Alan and the Pastor:
Is Alan getting sick after Mercy killing the Pastor scripted? Because from what others have said it sounds like it.
And I was just going to upgrade to the warehouse too :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Great. So I was going to deal with Alan but then I got glitched into one of the many cars I have at the church and now I'm too lazy to boot it back up and I have to go to sleep, you better not eat anyone while I'm gone :arghfist::mad:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

teacup posted:

How big is the install size on this thing?

Also how hard is it for an Australian to download it considering its still not out for us yet apparently?
It's piss easy to download. Just create an American Xbox account, that's it. You'll get access to their poo poo to download. The demo gives you about an hour to play around with. It's the full game experience just on a time-limit and no saving.
It's a little bit more effort to purchase it, I'll post up how I did it if you want to know.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

ZachRyker posted:

Do we have any idea how long it'll even take for a patch?
http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?18672-Title-Update-1-submitted
They're waiting for MS to certify it as far as I can tell.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

She says stuff but I think it only gets specific for set characters like Maya, Marcus and Ed. I got a random guy killed and Lilly just gave a generic speech about people dying.
Sam has a unique one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Heliotic posted:

I would pay a bunch of money for a game like this. Or in fact any simulation game that does something even slightly different.

(More on topic, how long until Australians get to play :smith:)

:ssh: You can play now if you have a way to purchase US MS points (A way being a credit card).

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You can use a High-End Exotic to 'jump' the broken bridge in and out the Tutorial area quite easily. Just take care of it when you're using it to clean out the Infestations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

I wouldn't say insanely rare, but food is certainly most common, followed by medicine (in my game at least). Ammo and materials are the stuff I am usually hunting for. Keep in mind that you can press up on the d-pad and RB over to the house, then select the radio room and have Lily "ask around for materials" and eventually she should mark some guaranteed material dumps on your map.
I'm wondering about that. Does it spawn the item or does it just mark somewhere that had it?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What's the best/fastest way to level up Cardio? All the other basic skills are easy to get up but I'm barely hitting Cardio 3 as they max out their combat skills.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RamrodMC posted:

Sprint in a circle inside your compound. I leveled Ed up from 1 to 7 in about 20 minutes doing that. Boring as gently caress, but it works.
God dammit. I hoped this wasn't the answer :(

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare posted:

The other answer is to sprint normally in the game, which most people don't really do because cars.
I don't like sprinting around too far just because I don't want to get jumped with no stamina and I don't tend to carry snacks on my guys.
My general wandering loadout is a high-capacity firearm, 1-2 melee weapons depending on their quality, a full stack of healing items and a full stack of firebottles. Sometimes I'll have clocks/firecrackers.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Not carrying snacks is a Dumb Idea. I'm not kidding, they're the difference between death and a cakewalk, more times than you realize. I'd rather have a full stack of snacks (or two) and 1 bottle of meds, than vice-versa.
I've never ran into a problem yet where Snacks were better than Meds/Firebombs. I'll start running before the mob shows up and toss a firebomb when they're bunched up from chasing me. Also Sweepkick is OP on the people that have it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

coyo7e posted:

Why expend firebombs and meds, when you can just keep going? ;)
Because they must burn, BURN :black101:

Party Plane Jones posted:

I find that firebombs end up being a huge hassle compared to the most glorious of anti-zed devices, land mines.
Sometimes I'll run with those, just depends if I feel like mixing it up and I have a spare few lying around. Getting the fatarse Juggernauts/Big 'uns (Man, this game is inconstant with names) to charge over some is fun.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
The Edge weapon's Leg Slice skill does kill zombies. I think Blunt's version (the Backhand spin thing) just knocks them around.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jonny Retro posted:

Regarding Aus/NZ this was posted Wednesday
Holy gently caress they're being petty as poo poo. Painkillers really? Max Payne 3, as far as I remember, got in under the MA15 rating without an issue and that has clear-as-day alcohol and painkiller abuse!
poo poo, you'd think having a R18 rating means they could slack off even less and just jam things under the R18 but now is the time they actually chose to do their job and THIS is the title they choose to line the MA/R line?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

404notfound posted:

Fallout 3 ran into the same problem. Bethesda removed drug references (like renaming morphine to Med-X) and that was enough to get them through.
It's less about the drug references and more about them letting other poo poo through with a clear pass, example Max Payne 3.
They're woefully incompetent and inconsistent.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Sankis posted:

Doesn't Australia have an 18+ rating now? What's even holding them up? It's going to get a higher rating no matter what.
We do, which is the annoying part because it wasn't in effect when GTA4, Saints Row 2 and Max Payne 3 came out.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is Fuel really that useful at all? Apart from making firebombs?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
All of my outposts have been automatically trapping/retrapping. I just have an option to extend trap range.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So like, my Alan has Black Fever but he still hasn't died or anything, still standing around home-base being all whatever. He's been like this for 5+ real days now so I think I need to boot him out or shoot him already. What should I do?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm just going to like... hide in a ceiling or somewhere that needs you to climb a ladder to get into.
Checkmate zombies :smug:

Is there any real penalty to not stocking the base up with ammo crates? Because people on the tower just seem to pull ammo from their arse anyway.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Rename all drugs ever to Drug A, Drug B, Drug C, etc. Still get banned for referencing drugs.
Rename all drugs to alternative medicine techniques.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

*finds bottle of morphine*
"Whoa, let's be very careful with this stuff, and discuss the risks of addiction and medication abuse, and only take it under the direction of a trained medical profes-"
*is eaten by horde*
Survivor skill: Trained medical professional
Ability: Allows your survivors to use medicine but only in the correct amounts and only after the doctor's orders.
Got a zombie scratch? Head home and get the doc to look at it before taking those pills boy, then sit down and rest for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how the game tries to treat SWAT/Army zombies as special in the first place. Oh you're bullet-proof? How cute :allears:

• Locked thread