Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm just starting out, and I'm feeling incredibly stressed by all of the (at least, seemingly) time-sensitive missions. The story mission I'm on is to find dog medicine to cram down Ed's throat, and that seems fairly pressing, but within the space of about five minutes Lily radioed me to a) check a potential loot house, b) rescue Marcus from zombies, c) make contact with another group of survivors, and d) clear out two infestations. Is there any way to tell which missions will keep, and which ones need to be prioritized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hmm okay, thanks for the feedback! :)

What about survivor in trouble missions, e.g. "Someone from our group is stuck at <waypoint>, please help them"? I keep doing those right off the bat, because I'm paranoid someone will die/get crippled if I'm not around.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I abused the heck out of that in the vet clinic mission- I had two fairly melee-happy NPCs, so I made pit stops to clear every un-dealt with infestation along the way XD

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Hmm, will characters regenerate health if I leave them alone? I'm at the point where everyone I can play as has low health, but I really don't want to waste pills on them if I can just stand idle for a day/night cycle to heal everyone.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Yeah, they'll get their health and stamina back if you don't play as them for awhile.

EDIT: I think misunderstood. You can just turn the game off and do something for a bit instead of standing idle. If I remember right that'll heal the character you have selected as well. Lots of stuff happens while the game is off. Constructions will continue, people will heal, and so on.

Are you sure that they'll heal? I've been turning it off and on to fast travel (when I don't have a car with goodies to bring back), but when I turned it off last night Marcus was the active character and at half health, and when I loaded it this afternoon his health seemed unchanged. I'm still on the original headquarters though (I'm saving my material and influence for after I get the quest that lets me move to synder), so the passive healing might be a medical upgrade I haven't paid to unlock.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I honestly could be mistaken it's been awhile. I could have sworn they did, though.

I finally got home away from home, so I'll see what changes once I start upgrading things... Synder is the best long-term facility if I'm going for a hueg base with tons of buddies, right?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Man, I wish we started in synder, this is better already. XD

One last thing I'm curious about-I set up three outposts in a triangle around my base to ensure that every single road leading to synder crosses through an outpost. For my remaining outposts, can I get away with placing one each in the three not-Marshall towns so I have easy storage for all my looting, or is it preferable to cover more terrain around my base and make Marshall one huge safe zone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Ooh, you can move them later? That is awesome, for some reason I assumed that once you placed an outpost, that HQ was stuck with it forever. ^^

• Locked thread