Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Jonny Retro posted:

If you don't see it try doing a search for it in the arcade. It wasn't popping up for me, but I managed to find the demo doing that, and you can just buy the full version through the demo. Should only have to download a few kilobytes after that.
Also try looking for it on the Xbox live website. If you buy it there it should automatically start downloading on your Xbox. It worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fibby Boy posted:

Welp maya is dead. Fatty fat tits zombie ate me because the half witted people I was helping decided putting up barricades was more important than helping me kill poo poo.
If you're talking about the Wilkersons misson, yep, that sucks. I barely got through it alive with Marcus, but I did it. Here's my tips:

- Raid their ammo and molotovs. Use it all.
- Headshot as many zombies as you can before the fatty shows up, but save a few mags for when he does.
- The fatty's method of entering the house is teleporting through the door without opening it. Don't be near it.
- Don't gently caress around, unload all your ammo into him as fast as possible, and hit him with at least 1 molotov before he's in range to hurt you.
- Try to lure him near the Wilkerson guy, but don't expect him to help out much other than being a distraction. He really, really likes putting up those barricades.
- B-roll. B-roll. B-ROLL.
- Be ready for a second round. You have to face two of them.

What I've found works best in this game is horde like crazy until you run into a special zombie - and then unload EVERYTHING. They are what your hording has been preparing for.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 7, 2013

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A few odd questions I have, see if anyone can answer them:

- Where do I find large backpacks? I found some in the starting area, but I restarted the game and can't find any the 2nd time around.
- I chose the LB+Y shove ability for Marcus. The description says it is a "slow shove that knocks zombies down". As far as I can tell it doesn't work at all, his LB+Y shove is the same as everyone elses'. What gives?
- I also chose the LB+B counter that supposedly kills two zombies at once. I can't get it to work, he just kind of braces himself and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Did I screw myself with skill selection?
- Does the pre-built workshop at the home closest to the church in the first town repair weapons? The description seems to suggest it only fixes cars. Do I have to use another build site?

I should probably just move to the farm from what everyone is saying. How many building sites are there?

PS: I discovered rifles (not assault, just standard) are awesome. As far as I can tell, no other weapon snaps to enemies when aiming. And if you select the rifle specialization, it happens at longer range. I'm sure later in the game I'll want assault rifles for special zombies of course, but for now I don't want to use any other gun.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 7, 2013

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

I'm waiting on the PC version since I don't have a 360, but I have a question:

Is it totally possible to just play the entire game solo? As in, you are the only dude in your camp but all functions are available to you and you can complete all the story missions?
You could probably intentionally kill off all the controllable characters except for one, but I don't know why you'd want to. It would just make the game slower and tedious.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

Well, the idea of a GTA-esque survivalist sandbox sounds pretty cool, and I thought going at it alone would mean you only have to worry about securing enough supplies for yourself while being flexible enough to abandon your current home if it gets hosed.

It sounds like other survivors are pretty crucial to the gameplay though. That's fine; maybe I can get that fix if this takes off and they get enough people onboard to make that MMO.
They are crucial, and plus, there's a number of non-controllable story-required NPCs that can't die. So you technically can't be completely on your own even if you wanted to.

• Locked thread