Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dunc-uk
Jul 27, 2002

FordGT40 posted:

drat this game looks fun. Can it be downloaded without paying for Live? I don't play online so I'm slightly ignorant to the ins and outs of it all. I'm assuming it's available in the UK now too?

UK marketplace link : http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/State-of-Decay/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111e8

You can buy marketplace games on the web to save you the pain of using the 360 interface. Starts downloading soon after you power on your Xbox. Shame I'm busy tonight, looks ace. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dunc-uk
Jul 27, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Is there any way to kind of team up with another surviver from your base? I have a couple of infestations I need to take out but I'm not that comfortable doing them on my own.

This is answered in the OP... in short, no there isn't but you can generally lead any NPCs that join you for a mission (e.g. hunting special zombies) wherever you like.

This is probably my main complaint about the game so far, I would like this option. I feel that if this were implemented there should be a trade-off to prevent a squad from being overpowered. For example, an increased chance of alerting hoardes, stealth being impossible, all party members tiring at the same rate regardless of their number*, maybe NPCs doing annoying stuff based on their personality traits.

I've not tried taking down an infestation yet, but there are two big ones near my church base. However, I'm short on healthy survivors as it is, I'd rather take them all for an all-or-nothing assault than get them killed off one by one as I figure out how to do it. I've already lost the starting guy to a hoarde I stupidly ignored. :(

*e.g. a party of 3 only lasts a third of the time as the three used individually.

dunc-uk fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 7, 2013

• Locked thread