Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Looks like this works with SweetFx, anyone have a good profile to make this look awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
So far I'm finding it really fun. I just wish you could order one of your dudes out to go rescue someone or find new survivors, getting tired of having to do all of radio ladies missions myself.

Danith
May 20, 2006
This game is awesome but really wish it had co-op. Anyone know if 7 days to die is any good? http://7daystodie.com/

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've been on level 4 for a bit and running out of resources around me, I'm scared to go to 5 :(

I wish people would mod this though, my top wanted mods/changes -

A 'Shut up Lily' mod
Hi-Rez textures
and a brighter nights and/or better flashlight mod

Oh, also maybe some better AI. Theres been multiple times where I go to help survivors clear out infestations or run back or whatever and they don't fight at all :(

Danith
May 20, 2006

Tommofork posted:

General thoughts on combat:
... charged by a Feral

I had a moment where I drop kicked a feral right as he jumped at me and he just started floating in mid-air in the middle of the jump animation. When I hit him he would float in that direction. Took a lot of hits to kill but eventually he died, still floating :v:

Danith
May 20, 2006

Eagerly awaiting the mod to call scavengers every 5 seconds

Danith
May 20, 2006
I got to breakdown level 5 and couldn't take it anymore. Zombies much faster and come from miles around at the slightest sound. Take more damage, and seem to have an easier time interrupting you. Also the total lack of resources :(.

After losing 3 of my people and not finding any materials in the entire left side of town area I suicided the rest into packs of zombies. I think I'll hang on level 3 or 4 for awhile and just chill.

Danith
May 20, 2006

Tommofork posted:

A really pro tip is to use the radio room to search for resources. It takes about 10 minutes and so far has never given a false positive, it seems to always direct you to a cache of whatever you're after. When it finishes you can start searching again while you go out and collect the one they found.

Thats how I finally found 1 place with materials. Of course, half way there a scavenger I called (there were 2 materials!) was mobbed by at least 2 hordes some how and died, and my other dude died trying to save him and my dude going to collect their things died with more zombies coming out of the woodwork. Also so many zombies were around my home base, which was kinda retarded considering I had literally 3 conclaves of survivors a house or 2 away in every direction

Danith
May 20, 2006
I hope it allows the survivors to function on their own so you don't have to baby sit them

Danith
May 20, 2006
It's up on steam now. Although the page says 'Buy State of Decay - Highway Patrol' :v:

Anyone streaming/planning on streaming? I'm trying to decide if I want this

Danith
May 20, 2006
Is there any mods that make the survivors react to stuff in a bigger radius? During zombie raids in Lifeline I constantly have soldiers just standing around doing nothing while zombies are 20 feet away :(

edit: Also a 'Shut up Lily!' mod for Breakdown.

Danith fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 31, 2014

Danith
May 20, 2006

Yardbomb posted:

Thanks to the magic of Steam sales, I got this and it's DLC and decided to start off with Breakdown.

While my jackass radio person won't let me make a base anywhere, I think I'm pretty well equipped to find one eventually.

I think with the first level of Breakdown you need to go to a community and join them

edit: beaten at the top of the page

Danith fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 3, 2014

Danith
May 20, 2006

TescoBag posted:

That is the version I'm using, I still feel that they're a bit high. Watching about 30 zombies come out of a small office in the middle of nowhere is a bit silly. That was during the day too! And breakdown level 1!

Ya I think the spawns are a bit too high. I was on breakdown level 2 and stopped to try to grab a sack of fuel from a gas station I saw when I was returning to base and zombies kept spawning non stop fast enough that I couldn't complete the search, grab the sack of fuel (if it was in there) and bug out.

Danith
May 20, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Are there any mods that fix the lighting or something? It just looks so washed out and blurry.

Your best bet is to get SweetFX and look for some profiles
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912

Danith
May 20, 2006
State of Decay: Is full of dicks

That's pretty hilarious. Wonder if someone can grab the uncompressed assets before they 'I assume' patch them out of the current game, curious how visable they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danith
May 20, 2006
Do mods work on the newest version? Have the original + DLC's but the updated graphics are tempting me to buy it next time it goes on sale

• Locked thread