Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Zaodai posted:

As I recall, Ranger Mode isn't specifically a difficulty. Consider it like Survival Mode in the Fallout games, where you had to manage your hydration and poo poo. It's more of a different game mode than a different difficulty.

[EDIT] Though I don't disagree with your general point.

Yeah, in Metro 2033 it upped the damage and lowered the health on everything while making ammo very scarce. I thought the game was really boring before they added that difficulty so it's pretty weird that they're locking it behind DLC for people buying it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

My framerate has improved a lot since the opening area, but is no one else here getting the shadow flickering bug? It shows up in specific places which are not infrequent and it's REALLY distracting.

It's a problem with AMD 7xxx series GPUs. You just have to run the game in DX9 until it's fixed.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Leb posted:

Ranger Hardcore has been pretty hardcore so far. I played RH extensively on 2033, so I knew what to expect, but some of the changes have thrown me for a loop.

• there are no QTE prompts, but mashing the use key during "hey this seems like a QTE" scenes seems to do the trick

This is the most bafflingly stupid thing. You just have to mash the use key whenever the game takes control away from you in an action sequence or else you'll just randomly die.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

Is ranger mode worth it for $5? I liked it in Metro 2033 but I keep hearing about how it doesn't show you how many bullets you have left and wasn't thought out very well.

I wouldn't really worry about this time around. Scarcity is never really an issue except in one or two brief sections and it's just not very difficult with the new stealth stuff. Most of my deaths were to QTEs since the prompt doesn't appear on Ranger Hardcore.

• Locked thread