Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Sorry for the thread necromacy, but I have a question regarding 2033 Redux and the difficulty levels:

I have both "original" releases for 2033 and LL, and I got 2033 Redux during the sale, since I never got around to playing the original.

Now, I remember people heartily recommending playing 2033 (the original) in Ranger Mode. When I launch 2033 Redux, I get "Survival" (Original 2033), "Spartan" (LL), and Normal, Hardcore, Ranger and Ranger Hardcore for each of those two. What's the recommended mode in this case?

And this got me thinking I could replay Last Light (original, not redux) in Ranger Mode once I finished playing 2033, but I remembered that Last Light got Ranger Mode as a DLC and when I went to check the store page... LL it's not there anmore, it's only Redux now. You can find some of the DLC for LL but Ranger Mode is not there. Was it eventually added to LL and I never realized it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RBA Starblade posted:

Metro Redux comes with all dlc, including ranger mode for LL. Ranger increases the damage both you and the enemy do and take, most things die in a few bullets. Survival mode is how 2033 did it, bullets and resources are scarce and you're scrounging, Spartan mode they're more plentiful and you're expected to be in firefights more than sneaking around. I recently played through 2033 on Ranger Spartan and it was fun though it sort of falls apart at times. I have no idea what standard Hardcore is, but Ranger Hardcore goes further and removes the HUD, so you have to rely on checking your inventory, glancing at your gun to make sure there's still a bullet in there, etc. (For example, the Bastard SMG you can see the bullets still loaded so you can guesstimate what you have left).

Oh, I only have 2033 Redux, I have the original LL (I don't know if that's what you meant).

Thanks for the rundown on the modes; I'll probably give ranger hardcore a try for a couple hours to see how it goes. I do remember having run completely out of bullets by the falling subway in the original 2033, so I hope I've gotten better since. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RBA Starblade posted:

Thought you had both, sorry. Not sure about LL then. Maybe they just want everyone to buy the Redux version from now on.

Makes sense, but it's really weird Ranger Mode is not available anymore; I thought they may have just included it with the base game after the backlash, but after some googling I see they just removed it completely from Steam. You can get it over amazon but it's like 5 bucks anyway so I could just get LL Redux for that price, but I probably won't do it.

Thanks again, mate.

• Locked thread