Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
What is the best way to reduce heat production in Metro 2033? I adjusted Hitman Absolution so it looks exactly the same as ultra with my custom settings and reduced heat production by 20 degrees Celsius.

It's quite frustrating that the graphical settings are not customizable at all. I run 2033 at around 60 to 70 Celsius, I'm betting I could bring that down to 50 somehow.. I just don't know how and google searches aren't really informative. Just a bunch of people "dealing with it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'm just neurotic about temperatures. It makes me feel uneasy to run above 60. The in-keyboard heat monitor doesn't help.
I have been playing though. It's quite frustrating that even after all the config file optimization tricks the game still doesn't run as good as a game released in 2010 should on this computer that was built 4 years after.

I could give a flying gently caress less about temperatures now. I don't care if it kills my system. This game is so loving beautiful it literally brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention with object motion blur and these other settings...

The game looks like those lovely pre-rendered trailers you see at E3, Except it's actually running with graphics that good. The first fight of the game I was utterly gobsmacked. I love how all the visual elements combine to create a really chaotic atmosphere. This is probably the first time in my life graphics were the main reason why I want to play a game.

Also 2033 is poo poo optimized, and the lack of customizable graphical settings kills it. It's actually fairly retarded because the very high settings run things that conflict with other options. These conflictions are infamously widely known as combinations that don't do anything to improve the graphics and simply drain resources and nothing else.

I swear to loving god Devs are putting in useless yet intensive settings to make people feel that their setup is obsolete. I said it before but I spent some time on the newest hitman game (2013 release and the current top benchmarking game) and made the game run 20 Celsius cooler without any hits to performance or the graphics.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 28, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Is the redux actually optimized? It's sad when the sequel runs exponentially better than the first game.

It's one of my top "to buy" games. I knew it was going to be buggy as gently caress and require a day one patch.. and I was right. Not like it would take a fuckin psychic to foretell poo poo like that from a developer like this.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 28, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I was absolutely failing at playing 2033 on ranger for the first time ever (I did play last light on ps3 a little but it sucked rear end). Then I started to roleplay as the main character from the 1979 movie "Stalker". A complete wretched coward with situational awareness and survival coming first.

I'm now kicking the game's rear end. Seriously this series is awesome if you play it right. 2033 really does make me feel like just any other guy in the metro going on a valiant mission alone. From what I played of Last Light I felt more like I was playing as Khan than a wretched coward.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I do not find the game pushing RUSSIAN PRIDE at all.. In fact it seems more like the people only really know of the metro, so to speak.

I sortof see a parallel between USA PRIDE and USSR PRIDE, any superpower with nukes actually. Really in any situation you have nukes when you need them, how are you not going to bless whoever made them.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

From a gameplay perspective it kind of sucks going back to 2033, but from a sort of roleplaying perspective it makes more sense. Artoym is still a wet behind the ears green horn, leaving his home station for the first time. LL Artyom is a lot more trained and skilled, so he's better at things and has more options. Also Last Light had a much bigger focus on nonlethally killing things, where as 2033 only had Khan saying "Hey, you don't have to kill everything."

Also I always felt Miller's comment about D6 is very Soviet and built with strong Soviet spirit or whatever was that sort of uncomplicated, durable as gently caress feeling.

Exactly. But better put. I prefer to think of 2033 as more of a role playing FPS much like Bioshock (WYK?) where the situations you're in and the ability you use to get through them are limited not so much by the player but the character himself the player is controlling.

Last Light Art is fuckin Khan, like I said. He's such a badass he can do whatever he wants. Well as much as being a badass, in a place that makes australia's outback look like a petting zoo for toddlers, can be.

Also I never got why in dry the door gets pounded on when no one saw me enter, I shot out all the lights and killed literally everyone I could find without raising the alarm. Even the guy getting ripped on whatever the gently caress they put in that hooka.

It couldn't be marijuana. Personally I think it's nautalus feces.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread