Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Is it worth it to play the game with Russian audio and English subtitles? Is it even an option?

You can and you really should. I at least thought that it added a lot to the atmosphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Noirex posted:

Yes, I'm playing the Russian version with English subtitles because it's much more atmospheric. However, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on a lot of back story just from NPC chatter. A lot of them are not subtitled or sounds weirdly translated. At this point, I might switch it back to English because I do love picking up on small background details from the chatter.

I switched back to english from Russian just to get some backstory. If I play the game again I will be switching to Russian voice and English subtitles because then I will already have some idea of what the NPCs in town are talking about.

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

I just realized that I physically don't have enough time to kill that monster and get over to the other side even if I restart the chapter. I think I am literally hosed unless I go back like 5 hours and conserve filters because I really don't see any other way to beat this.

I also literally cannot figure out how to equip military grade ammo on the xbox. I've hit every button in the inventory and nothing seems to switch it.

In metro 2033 the way you would deal with not having enough filters you would take off your mask for a couple seconds and then put it back on for a couple. I haven't tried it but I would assume it still works in Last Light. Maybe try doing that? I know it would make fighting awful but its better than losing 5 hours.

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Sankis posted:

Wait, you can KNOCK OUT guards? Oh jeez. I've just been shivving them because I thought it was the only thing to do. I'm guessing I just never saw the prompt because of hardcore, huh? Too late to start now since I'm almost done, but man. How do you do it, anyway?

You hit E when you are close to them. Though it seems to not work if the guard is in the middle of some action aside from walking.

• Locked thread