Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Real men are bastards, real mean use THE bastard from beginning to end. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I could definitely see that. I think the further out of the "Metros" Metro gets, the more similar it will be to STALKER--at least ostensibly. I mean, they're both Eastern European FPS games that take place in Eastern Europe, featuring a mix of human factions and mutant enemies, with a grimy, post-apocalyptic aesthetic (even though STALKER isn't post-apocalyptic). That's not a bad thing, though. Metro has always struck me an on-the-rails STALKER.

You guys know that not a coincidence, right? Half the dev. team (most of the key programmers and senior staff) on STALKER left to form 4A Games when Shadow of Chernobyl was at the end of it's production cycle due to some unknown internal conflict. It's the reason why Shadow of Chernobyl took another three years to finish even though the vast majority of the game was already finished and when it was released it was a buggy mess, the remaining devs. were unfamiliar with the in-game engine their former programmers had developed.

If Metro seems similar to STALKER, it shouldn't come to as a surprise, they're made by the same people.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 07:41 on May 12, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Do we really need to spoil everything for the previous game? This is a sequel after all.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So I'm a bit confused, Steam says the game comes out on the 13th, yet the unlock timer says there is still 27 hours on it. So is it coming out on the 13th or the 14th?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Does he really spend 15 minutes condemning 4A for the pre-order content which has been the industry standard for god knows how long?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'm kind of frustrated with this game right now, last night I was playing this game fine on High settings with steady 60+ FPS with no dips, but now I can't get this game to run above 10 FPS. Nothing has changed since last night. :smith:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Man, the Ashford (single-shot shotgun pistol) is my new go to weapon over the Revolver; It can be silenced, it does a poo poo ton of damage (more then the Duplet), got decent range,and it has a tight spread.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 15, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Bogarts posted:

The getting newer guns also isn't quite as big of a deal as it was in the first game.

The hell it did! Once I got an RPK with a drum magazine I felt like Rambo the whole way through. 100 bullets of pain! :black101:

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 16, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I've been spending most of my time taking screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/9Szc4

I've seen several dozen similar corpses, each tell a different depressing story; The most powerful one I've seen is the charred remains of a couple surrounded by burnt mutants, the couple are reaching out to one another, holding hands in their final moment, clasped between their grip is a petrol bomb. :smithicide:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

keyframe posted:

Swamp level fight question: how do I beat this loving thing in front of the church entrance? I am running out of ammo and it is still standing

There is a tipped-over box of shotgun shells near base of the area of the collapsed ramp in front of the truck, it never runs out of shells.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 16, 2013

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

People who are having trouble with running low on filters, look for graffiti of gas-masks, those indicate Ranger filter stashes. Also, only sprint when you absolutely have to, sprinting causes Artyom to breath harder which in turn causes him to use the filter up faster; this also applies when Artyom is panicking from seeing anomalies or getting pounded on by mutants.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

ethanol posted:

It looks cool but I'm not sure it looks $650 worth of cool. I'm excited for when we get these physics on $300 cards. Hopefully, next generation?

PhysX cards have been included in NVidia cards for a few years now, you can find a card for less then that easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

KaneTW posted:

On Normal, each Nosalis eats like 2 duplet rounds to the face. It's awful.

The Ashot only has one shot, because it doesn't need a second. :clint:

• Locked thread