Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Try that place on ranger hardcore where each little rat monster can 3 shot you!

Which was a simple matter compared to my predicament now, my game won't let me pick up extra filters and i'm completely out of filter time. What the gently caress, there's like 3 different bodies with filters on around. Of course you can't buy any at Polis. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Is there any reason not to knock everybody out? Do they wake up somehow?

Hopefully this run I can get the good ending on the first try. I played the second half of metro 2033 following a guide on where to get moral points and still didn't get the good ending. Being vague about it is atmospheric and all but :argh:

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I like how when you hold tab on ranger hardcore, you can still hear the sounds the HUD makes as you move the mouse. I really cannot understand why they would prevent you from seeing bullet count and whatnot. Too bad im not using guns much, going through every level leaving a pile of sleeping nazis/communists with their sinus cavities broken beyond repair! Artyom learned how to punch dudes real good after the events of 2033. I did blast one dude with my silenced pistol at one point, hopefully that doesn't mess with my invisible karma points.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I would say your moniter/gamma settings are what makes the game appear so dark, mine was set on a higher contrast ~gamer mode~ that made dark areas pretty much pitch black until I set it to normal.

Also about the stealth, I really appreciate a game where you don't have a magic guard-dar somewhere on your hud but man, either Artyom is the goddamn batman or these guards need new glasses. You can literally stand in front of people in unlit rooms and they cannot notice you unless you make a sound. I sort of miss 2033's stealth but at the same time I feel liberated not having to reload dozens of times to get through one area without killing everyone.

• Locked thread