Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Necromancy ahoy! Recently bought 2033 and LL Redux, started playing 2033. The longest it's been able to go was for about 30 minutes, otherwise I'm getting unpredictable crashes all over. ATI card, PhysX disabled, same with tesselation and vsync. Anyone got some experience with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Radeon 7800 and nothing's overclocked as far as I know.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, computer just tells me it's 7800 series. Anyway, yeah, I turned everything off, game crashes even in safe mode. Could it be overheating? It's pretty drat hot these days.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
They managed to get the atmosphere down pat but sometimes it just lapses so hard... I beat 2033 for the first time yesterday and when we're wandering through D6 and Miller comments about how it's built in the Soviet spirit, my immediate reaction is "Yeah, so it fell apart after five years because they built it out of cheapest materials and the builders nicked half of those to black market them off. The missiles are totally going to be duds."

e: That being said, the references to the USSR as something good make me pretty drat uncomfortable and I'm hoping they quit it in LL.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 7, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly, I did find the whole "the vicious circle of violence needs to stop" thing a pretty weird point for a Russian game to make. Suddenly the Rangers being all gung-ho makes a lot more sense.
edit: Actually, now I seem to remeber that "Dark Ones" or black ones was supposed to be what Russians called immigrants from the southern bits of the USSR?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 7, 2015

• Locked thread