Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Artyom had a voice in the last game, it was just in the loading screens rather than in-game :s

Also regarding the ending to the last game I'm hardly surprised most players got the bad ending, there's an inkling of morality in the game with some of the choices and I loved that the game quietly judged your actions rather than give you big glaring GOOD VS BADDY BAD BAD Mass Effect Morality choices, but the fact that the game factored how much you kill hostile human opponents as well with the problem I saw with the Stealth system made this no surprise to me.

Basically the issue with stealth in the first game was that once you are spotted once in a stealth area, then it's impossible to disappear again, it's like the stealth system just turns off completely, all the enemies in the area always know where you are. There's no "Where'd he go?" type stuff and I'm not expecting guards to go back to listening to the radio and playing cards or whatever, but being seen once means you have a long slog of a fight ahead of you that you can no longer avoid.

and this greatly hurts your chances of getting the better ending :L

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I also saw that revolving shotgun in the video, shame because I despise it with all of my being. Nothing worse than being in close quarters and having to faff around with this shotgun that always reloads leaving one or two gaps on the cylinder so reloads are frequent, inconvenient and never complete.

But then I got the belt-fed shotgun and all my worries were over :>

As for the rest of the weapons I hope they are smarter with what they allow to be silenced or stealthy weapons, once you got the later silenced assault rifle you were basically set. Never used my elongated silenced scoped revolver carbine ever again :I

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 28, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Charlie Brown posted:

Tarkovskiy was amazing.
If anyone on here hasn't heard of him, he's definitely worth checking out.

This. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series make for fun games but the Tarkovsky Stalker movie is little short of incredible.

• Locked thread