Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Why can't metro 2034 get published before this releases? :(

I'm still excited as hell for this game. Pre-ordered on steam because I am a drone for those silly pre-order items. I also really enjoy ranger mode in 2033 so I guess that may have been a deciding factor.

I have to say, I read 2033's book after playing the game and I was rather disappointed in it. I don't know if the game blew me away that much or the book was such a different approach/theme with life in the metro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
If you pre-order on steam and currently own Metro 2033, I believe you get a 10% discount. So there is that, if that matters, along with Ranger mode.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I finally fixed the dumb resolution error I had with 1440x480 using a second monitor thing. I think I played a solid 2-3 hours and just escaped the nazi reich. The game is pretty drat good.

Seeing this so early in the game was amazing. I really also like the fireFX that is present, it looks pretty drat incredible in motion.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

For 2033, I would suggest ranger easy, and if you really like it, replay on hardcore in a year or two.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Love blooms on the battlefield.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Doniazade posted:

Leather seats create sparks when struck with a knife, who knew.

You would rather them explode when slapped like in Goldeneye 64?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If I play on Ranger HC is it viable to use the revolver shotgun, and either the bastard SMG or the bolt action for the whole game? Like just how much more difficult would that be? I've already completed on Ranger Easy and was thinking it might be fun to sort of gimp myself by using only the crappy starting weapons for the majority of the game.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Is this working as intended for some sort of special effect? Like I remember it typically happens with radiation, I believe, so I figured it could be something, but I though I'd ask anyways.

Like, I can clear it away, by scrolling the mouse wheel/switching weapons and switching back.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I managed to do a 2033 RHC with the shambler + bayonet over the autoshotty since it felt right.

So far my RHC run for M:LL has been pretty smooth, only to the prison escape with pavel but this seems really doable, given how much stealth I am abusing and doing no kills when possible, even when I can probably get away with it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I got roped in and with no direct way of knowing how to end it, I just kept pressing "use" in an attempt to be done with it. Never mind the 400 MGR that were burning a hole in my pocket.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

If there's ever another game, I hope it moves away from the Dark Ones and focuses more on the supposedly supernatural nature of the metro and the stranger stations. There are some really cool and creepy stations in the book, and it'd be really cool to visit some of them. In particular, there is a station of satanists that would make for some pretty cool videogaming.

Well, there is good news, I believe future DLC will feature some isolated side stories, if I am not mistaken. Which may lend itself to some new areas, or maybe an anomaly or two.

While I am not against an open world metro, it would be too hard unless you're character has the political power to have safe passage and tons of MGR to bribe or hire guards. At least coming from the book background it seems really difficulty to move through one station to the next, without a well thought out plan, or allies in every station.

Now, what I think would be crazy cool, is if maybe there was a New York subway system Metro game, that may hopefully provide the same atmosphere, new art theme, and possibly more open gameplay. Who knows what is in store though.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Killstick posted:

After cursory testing i have decided that the one true way to play this game is as a Trader.

That is: Sell all your ammo and weapons ever time you find a vendor. And don't you think about shooting that military grade stuff, you need that to bathe in when you come home to your Hansa mansion. I recommend hardcore.

I'm not intentionally doing this, but my no kill RHC run is pretty much this, since I have no need to use my guns/ammo.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If this game was mod-able I would love to try and do a photography type game out of it. I anytime something happened (set piece or vista view) I mashed my screenshot button a million times and still not satisfied with some of the results.

One thing I recently remembered pretty vividly from the book that was absent from the game the top of the Kremlin and the hypnosis ooze need to somehow appear in the next game, if there is one.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Is there any easy way to determine if I have all the DLC installed via steam? When I visit in the game store and steam store it asks me to repurchase things I know I already have; Hardcore mode, book, and other pre-order goodies(I think rpk). If I am not mistaken the RPK was a pre-order item too but I am not sure.

I just purchased the pass earlier and mostly want to try out the faction DLC though it seems I lost my Save data somehow (even with cloud save enabled) so I I'll need to start over on my RHC, not that I was that far anyways. This seems overly convoluted compared to other games' DLC menu since my steam properties for DLC shows 5 items, (season pass, book, HC, RPK and faction) though ingame it doesn't detect them or display that I have the license of ownership. After purchasing the Pass this morning I didn't see any new downloads pop up under the steam download tab either, so I just want to make sure this is all correct.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

PureRok posted:

Right-click it in your library and select View Downloadable Content.

You literally glossed over that I said I checked that, didn't you?

Scyron posted:

This seems overly convoluted compared to other games' DLC menu since my steam properties for DLC shows 5 items, (season pass, book, HC, RPK and faction) though ingame it doesn't detect them or display that I have the license of ownership. After purchasing the Pass this morning I didn't see any new downloads pop up under the steam download tab either, so I just want to make sure this is all correct.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 29, 2013

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Like I said before though too, There is no way ingame to check what you have or don't have and it asks for me to repurchase DLC I already outright own, which no other game on steam does. The other games will flatout show, I already own the license, that is why I bring it up.

I don't want to assume it is all properly installed because then I should be able to pickup whatever DLC and play it, but that is not the case.

Whatever, I'll just go through RHC, then I guess I can play the DLC? I didn't want to playthrough the whole game again just to play STALKER in the library. It is overly convoluted, stupid and right up there with NO HUD whatsoever for RHC, even when in a safezone and all the time in the world to check the backpack.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

MadBimber posted:

Recommend you try "chapters" and then hit q

Thank you. That is very helpful. I suppose if I took a second and read that option I wouldn't have had to post such stupid questions. :negative:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Ranger easy does not have the hud but I felt it was the perfect "medium-hard" intermediate of the game. Not super hard, but the lack of hud does provide a good sense of immersion while being not terrible hard or easy with gunplay. If you really depend on the HUD for games, then maybe Hard normal mode would be better?

your ammo capacity is quite limited. I always was selling shotgun and revolver ammo, for premium bullets. I only used dirty SMG while being fine for most of the game. Hoarding just leads to less picking up loot due to space limitation.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 16, 2013

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

For the longest time a multimonitor setup screwed my Metro game and forced it to be 1440x960, even without the second monitor being turned on, or made active in Windows.

To be honest, I don't think I could enjoy Metro in anything less than pure black room, headphones and a nice drink. Several times I had to quit the game due to a roommate playing minecraft in the same room.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

It felt more of the same for me too. Which I loved!

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Playing again but on Easy vanilla, due to PSN+ giveaway and I'm just running around punching people out. I think I've fired 4 shots at lightbulbs only.

This is clearly a different game and pretty fun, given my health is so absurdly high. I'm also using the revolver silence and revolver with a scope as my only weapons, just to see if it is possible.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 9, 2014

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If you knockout someone, then steal their gasmask in a gaseous zone, I think it does count as a kill. Though I am not positive since I have yet to actually complete a no kill/good run.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Only a real metro citizen would play with Russian audio, w or w/o subs.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I enjoyed them both, but thought the game metro2033 was more realized, if that makes sense. Like parts of the book were kind of crazy sounding, in regards to the star of the Kremlin having this captivating mind control or something, or the slimes that also had a mental psychic power. I wish the STALKER game community would try to have a REAL METRO 2033 mod, because the metro 2033/ll games,while awesome, don't exactly exactly feel the same as the books. I guess maybe that sort of "free form" roaming would be interesting in approaching bases, being pretty linear, which makes 2033 fair with the narrative, but superstition/abnormal/anomalies don't work the same way or feel as organic or threatening.

I really like both STALKER and Metro so I mean, maybe it is some jerkoff fanfic super game, but I love the currency metro does, while trying to have a free-roam open-world would be amazing. Clearly parts, much like in STALKER are just dead zones of radiation or harmful anomalies. Something with the atmosphere is done so well and beautifully realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

If I were to get redux, is there any must have reason to own it on pc over ps4? Like I already own metro 2033 and ll on pc, and they can hardily run well (30fps, dips, not on ultra), so I don't think the redux would be the best choice now, but in the future when I get my next pc and whenever they are on killer steam sale discount, versus $25~ for a ps4 disc copy, sooner than later.

I just don't have a lot going on for my ps4 until metal gear or mad max in september.

• Locked thread