Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

you can make the argument that it isn't Icelandic.

Literally every linguist would call them "Old Icelandic" which is sometimes used interchangeably with "Old Norse" :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Not here they don't. :colbert:
(the archaic term used by some is "gammeldansk" or old danish, heh.)

Í enskt "gammeldanks" er eitt frákendur máliđ :eng101:

Yes I know that's not Icelandic and my inflecting is probably off but you should be able to get the gist anyways. :colbert:

Bloodnose posted:

If I wanted to enjoy an Icelandic cultural product, like a TV show or movie (no Bjeourk please), what would you recommend?

Sykur for life.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Is Jon Gnarr the best or the very best mayor in human history? I don't mean politically since I know he's been kind of a mediocre mayor from a political perspective but as a person.

• Locked thread