Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
So, a couple of us are planning to rent a camper and drive around Iceland for two weeks. Is camping near the road (or on a parking) in a camper allowed?

They company we're renting from suggested a round trip across the island:
I assume they'll make us take Route 1 for the most of it:

Day 1: Arrival+ Blue Lagoon
Day 2: Thingvellir NP - Geysir - Gullfoss
Day 3: Hekla Vulcono
Day 4: Seljaland - Skogafoss
Day 5: Skaftafell - Svartifoss - Jökullsárlón
Day 6: Egilsstadir
Day 7: Hengifoss - Dettifoss - Ásbyrgi NP
Day 8: Tjörnes - Húsavik - Mývatn NP
Day 9: Mývatn
Day 10: Akureyri
Day 11: Öxnadal - Húnafjördur
Day 12: Stykkishólmur
Day 13: Snaefellsnes
Day 14: Rookdal - wales - Reykjavik
Day 15: Return

It's mostly nature stuff (since we like nature stuff), but are we missing any essential Iceland to do things by sticking to this route, or would you add/remove something from the list that you think is better/poo poo?
Since we only have 14 days, we want to make sure to do the cool stuff :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
So, just got back from Iceland. It was wonderful and the weather wasn't that bad. What's the deal with Akureyri and stupid kids with loud cars that just drive around for no goddamn reason?
Also, Mývatn has way to many flies. I hated every single minute I was there because of the loving things.

Whales are tasty and I want to have them here in my home country :(.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Why do y'all suckas never visit? drat yo, I'm always up for a lil "Show the tourists poo poo and feed them".

But yea, you got pretty lucky on weather and dor1 continues to do my job for me in the thread by answering things before I do.

It seems that you weren't alone with those cars bothering you, as folks were sorta annoyed by the loudness. And I've once been to Mývatn, never again when the flies are out.

So where'd you go, other than the North?

Started out in Kevlavik and went all the way around. Had a mobilehome so we had to stick to the decent roads thou.
Things we saw (which were awesome): Seljaland, Geysir (which is better then anything Yellowstone has to offer), Gullfoss, Húsavik for a whale tour and Reykavic (where we had a hoddog from the best hotdog stand in the world or something - they weren't too bad :))

We did have cured shark (never again). Do you guys actually eat that poo poo or is more a "haha dumb tourists will eat cured shark" kind of thing?

We were only in Reykavic for half a day, so the day was too packed to visit people from a forum :( (and my co-travelers would've looked at me funny for suggesting it)

• Locked thread