Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

What months would be the best to visit if I want to do more backpacking/nature type of stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Have you been to a banana farm or is that a myth?

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

The banana farm? No. It´s part of the Agricultural college of Hveragerđi, which is a subsidiary of the Farming University of Iceland. The old joke about us being the biggest exporters of Bananas in Europe is part of a larger extended joke about how "per capita" numbers are unreliable and the fact that we are the only European country to grow bananas.

Did visit a lot of strawberry greenhouses when I was working near one of the bigger operations though. Gods, that was the best.

I guess it is sort of a myth. I've always heard that Iceland is Europe's main source of bananas and one of Iceland's biggest exports.

• Locked thread