Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
I visited Iceland with a friend in the summer of 2007, right before the banks went belly-up. Hotels and guesthouses were quite expensive so we mostly stayed in hostels (which were really nice, actually). We ate in 9 out of the 10 nights. I think our simple restaurant dinner cost just over 100 USD.

So - since you live there and have worked the hotel industry - has the price of hotels and food and commodities risen or fallen since then? I think we paid about ~150 USD for a night in a guesthouse that had a kitchen and three rooms. I'd love to go back but I have no idea what things cost now. Hostels varied from 25-65 USD a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread