Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I used to play a bit, I was not very good but I could play my way through a handful of songs without making obvious mistakes and I had fun with it. I had to sell my acoustic kit about 12 years ago because I needed the money, and hadn't played since. Last year my wife bought me a Simmons SD1200 electronic kit, and I've been having a lot of fun getting back into hitting various things with sticks.

I got EZDrummer2 because while the SD1200 has a LOT of sounds, they aren't exactly the best quality, and the hat pedal is like, super sensitive and I have a really hard time getting that partially open sizzle consistently. Anyway, the SD1200 is apparently one of the few kits that doesn't work out of the box with EZDrummer2. Basically, it triggers the wrong stuff or multiple things at once.

Unfortunately, the SD1200 doesn't allow you to remap MIDI notes (But the 600 does for some reason) and EZDrummer2 doesn't allow you to make custom MIDI settings. So I'm stuck with trying to find something that will convert the MIDI note from the drums to the MIDI not that EZDrummer will accept. I hear that MIDIFire is the best thing to use, but it's Mac only so that's out.

Anyone else run into something like this? What did you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

So here's a question. Where do you all get drumless tracks to play along to (if you do that)? I find most all of the ones I use on YouTube and mostly they are just recorded from RockBand. But that only covers really popular songs.

Is there anywhere else that's a good resource for drumless tracks of not so popular songs? I've tried using some apps like Moises to try and strip out the drums but it often doesn't work too well.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

I use spotify. There's a bunch of artists that make decent ones, they're all called like Drumless Backing Tracks and the like.

AndrewP posted:

Check out Andre Forbes at Free Drumless Tracks - he makes a TON of drumless tracks that I've jammed to for countless hours.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FreeDrumlessTracks

A lot of them have a pretty heavy percussion loop but you can just search the song title + "NPL" for a version without it.

Another good one is Jam'in Backing Tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5BLXPBE2RoY_qrd8TnQhVA

They're not just drumless but you can look for the "drumless" playlist. They're really well-produced and fun to play.

Awesome! Thanks very much!