Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Jazz Marimba posted:

Anything is helpful! I never even thought of a workout section, but I suppose drumming is a bit more physically intensive than playing a piano.

Maybe for some lowly scrub pianists :smug:

For content:
Two friends of mine have had to give up their gear, or rather, they've let me hold on to it indefinitely while they can't fit it. So I've got a bunch of poo poo. It's really crappy no-name stuff, but I've got a lot of it. I've tried hilarious stuff like two kick drums, 3 rack toms, 2 floor toms, snares everywhere, and cymbals galore. This should be a dream situation right? I've got all the stuff. But, I'm still just starting out. I don't want to do a giant-rear end fill across a billion toms. I.... I don't like it. I like my small kit. Less options, less anxiety. Sure it was a novelty, but I found it overwhelming to have so much stuff. Does anybody else get like this? Am I a drum hipster? I'm just glad I didn't spend any actual money on this :v: Though I was tempted to just use like 4 snares, a kick, and cymbals, much like that one video that I think was in the last thread.

A question for y'all. Do you guys practice rudiments and then just go along and go back to your normal playing, going along with songs? Or is there some sort of intermediate step where you specifically try and put the rudiments into a beat? I don't know if I'm being clear, but I find myself practicing some rudiments, then going, "Well.... okay." And then just playing with my ipod. What do you guys and/or gals actively do to get better at hitting things?

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU