Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Any advice for learning or improving on doing fills? My fills are doo-doo garbage that all feel the same to me and always start halfway through a measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Suit case set owns.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
What are some favorite drum tracks?

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Really I'm just looking for new stuff to listen to with some sick beats I might want to pick up or to discover some other drummers. Been really bored with or never a fan of a lot of a lot of the great drummers.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009

iwannabebobdylan posted:

MY WIFE bought me a C&C kit and I love it. Top pic is at their shop, Middle is with the Index Snare, and bottom is with the DW Collector's Brass Snare.

Also made the switch from Sabian HHX to a weird Zildjian mishmash. Custom Special Dry Hats, 24" Light Ride w/gaff tape, and 18" Kerope and Constantinople crashes.

:drat:

Congrats on the kit, looks great.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
A book I picked up that's been fun to play but also kicking my rear end is Steve Gadd's book. Lots of interesting stick drills to work on and he made videos of all the exercises so I can compare to how bad I'm mangling it.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Hardware question: For cymbal stands, does the brand and price really matter that much? Like, what is the pragmatic difference between a $200 DW boom stand compared with an $80 Mapex boom stand?

Seems like the most practical difference is I keep $120.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Drumeo sells a thing for a kick practice pad, but it needs their beaters for it because the pad actually sits right by the clamp on pedals if that makes sense.

Might work for what you are after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Anyone try out the EMAD heads on their floor tom? The one thing about this vintage kit is the toms "sing" instead of "thud". Makes my 1 tom sound godly but it puts my floor tom just way the hell above the rest of my mix, compounded by the fact I am an extremely quiet player. Thought I'd try one out but wondering if anyone has experience with it?

I have an SJC UFO gong drum, it's an 18in pancake type of concert tom, but it comes with an EMAD, I like it overall, gives it a solid 'thud'. Since they come with the two different inserts, you have a few options. Give it a shot.