Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
Regarding the bass drum silencing, I have a Gibraltar Practice Kick Drum Pad that works really well. Honestly, I think just setting up some Real Feel practice pads around to simulate a kit plus a practice kick drum pad will work for most practice sessions. Obviously you lose a lot of the feel and rebound, but for general practice it's sufficient for me, especially since I live in an apartment. I gave up on drumming a while ago, though, and my kick pad is for sale if anyone is interested. It's in storage but I can dig it up and take pictures. The feel is pretty accurate and I had no trouble transitioning from practicing with that to playing a real bass drum. I used the same pedal for both so the muscle memory from practice transferred over.

Speaking of which, I also have Iron Cobra double pedals for sale:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593429

lowcrabdiet fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU