Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I'm starting to tool around with the idea of learning to drum. Since I'm apartment bound for the near future, if I want to do anything, it'd have to be electronic. I have a few questions as follows:

Is it bad to start on electric drums? Will it mess me up if I want to eventually get an acoustic set?

How much can I learn/practice on my own before I absolutely have to get lessons? I'm sure lessons are invaluable, even early on, however I'd like to ramp up this hobby slowly and not invest a ton of money right away. The plan would be to eventually get lessons, and if I like it, go at it full throttle.

Finally, what is a reasonable price range for lessons and at what frequency should I be taking them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU