Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aeader
Dec 20, 2004

Custom Title
Does anyone have any experience with the Yamaha DTX e-drum line, specifically the DTX502 and up? The foam pads of the DTX felt pretty good, but I'm worried about durability.

I've screwed around with them a bit in music stores and they seemed to feel better than mesh pads, but that could just be because they weren't tensioned the way I would like. Mesh just seemed too bouncy.

I've played acoustic drums for the last 16 years and e-drums just don't feel quite right yet. I'm sure that's something you get used to. I'm living in an apartment now, so my acoustics are in storage for the time being :(.
I looked at the Pearl E-Pro when it first came out but I think general consensus was that they weren't worth the cost.

Man I miss my acoustic set.

e: I've been researching this stuff and the thing that still worries me is pad noise. Mesh pads such as those on Roland sets would be quietest, but I'd hate to pick up a set only to have it be too loud, especially the bass pedal. Maybe I just need an electronic practice pad or something along those lines.

Aeader fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU