Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

This might sound like a dumb question, but I wanted to ask it anyway.

I've been playing guitar for almost two years now and I want to start spending some of my time playing along to drum loops/tracks and maybe even making some of my own music.

Do have any tips for a guitar player playing along with drums? Is there anything annoying guitar players do when playing alongside drums? Things we do that take away from the song as a whole? Common mistakes...

I don't know... I'm having trouble coming up with the exact words I want to use and I hope this makes sense. I just wanted to get some input/perspective from the percussion side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

I will be receiving a drum kit for a temporary time period and the guy taking it to my house says I should get a thick rug to put it on so it doesn't move around or damage anything.

Is there a cheap solution to this? Should I just go to a music store and pickup a "drum rug"?

Just trying to save a few bucks.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

RandomCheese posted:

Any solid rug, mat or other floor covering will do. Check out hardware stores that sell outdoor mats, maybe even visit some carpet stores to see if they have any old offcuts they want to get rid of. Some of the proper drum rugs have superior grip on their bases which is better suited to polished floors than plain carpet is, but a rubber-backed outdoor mat should work just as well.

Cool this is what I was looking for, thanks.