Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I think it's an insurance policy. I've never met a hiring manager that's been offended by one, and when I hire it's a small plus in my book. You might as well do it to cover your bases. Especially in any job where they want strong follow-up or following leads. It's sort of demonstrating that you have basic follow-up skills. Keep it really short though or you'll blow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I've done several of these and found that they usually do it when they have narrowed things down to one or two choices - it's usually the "sanity check" before pulling the trigger.

The biggest thing you need to be aware of at a full day interview is your energy level. You will be "on" the entire time you're there and I personally find after about three hours of that I'm exhausted. Make sure you eat at lunch, drink plenty of water, and have some caffeine pick-me-ups to keep your mind sharp and your energy level high. Also, make sure when you're working with the travel agency you give yourself plenty of time to get to your hotel, completely unpack, check over all your clothes, unwind, review your materials, then spin down for a full night's sleep. Do not accept a flight that gets you there at 10pm. Ideally you want to arrive around noon if at all possible. This also gives you time to deal with any issues that arise during your travel (I've dealt with cancelled flights and missing hotel rooms before!). Overpack as well.

Bring two sets of interview clothing just in case you missed a stain or something on your clothes, you're not going to have a lot of options on interview day when you're far away from home and your dry cleaner. Also some of the nicer hotels will polish your shoes for you - take them up on it. Eat a hearty breakfast - this goes back to the energy level thing. I've had companies lose track of me in the scheduling shuffle and not feed me for an entire 8 hours of interviewing. It's worse then it sounds typed out. Good luck! You're going to do great :)

• Locked thread