Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicuspid
Aug 18, 2008

Slugworth posted:

So I am jumping the gun being worried about it already? In my mind, you check references as the last step before offering the job. Thus, I started panicking when I didn't immediately hear back. I honestly have never really applied for a job in a traditional way though, so I have no idea how the process usually works. My last 'interview' was 10 years ago over drinks in a bar.

I'm 90% sure you got the job if they called references. What happens during Christmas is that various people who need to sign off on it are out of town so nothing gets done. Plus when they shoot you an offer it means they have to follow up and work out details, and if they gave you an offer last Friday who is really going to be there follow up this week?

If it will help allay your fears, shoot them an email today with the tone of 'hope you guys are having a great holiday, when can I expect an update on your decision'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicuspid
Aug 18, 2008

Slugworth posted:

I appreciate the positivity, but unfortunately found out last week I didn't get it.

On my way to the next one as we speak. Fingers crossed.

Well then I'm 90% sure you will get the next job! :angel:

But really that sucks to hear. Clearly you're employable though, having went that deep in the process. It should just be a matter of time! And hopefully there's one or two things you can take from it so you can be even better in the next one.

Bicuspid
Aug 18, 2008

Miss Ginger posted:

Has anyone had an interviewer texting the whole time? I legitimately couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a stress interview thing or if she's just a dick. She'd directly ask me a question and start texting as I responded :wtc:

you sure she wasn't just taking notes on her phone? unlikely I suppose.

in any case it's outside your realm of influence. just pretend she had a good reason so it doesn't ruin your mood, maybe her dog just got sent to the emergency room or something

• Locked thread