Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Giant Goats
Mar 7, 2010

Busy Bee posted:

I have a phone interview with a big travel agency a week after next and I am starting to prepare for it now. Like it says in the first post of this thread, I will have the job description right in front of me next to the Q&A's to most common interview questions. Does anyone here have any other advice besides being positive, dressing well even though it is a phone interview, being confident / prepared, and knowing the company inside & out?

I've been looking for a job for the last 10 months and so I am really going to give it all to be 100% ready for this. I have had a few phone interviews in the past and I gained valuable insight from them and will be a lot more experienced when I have this interview.

Smile (it comes through in your voice) and address a point on the wall across from you as if the interviewer is sitting there, so you're not talking down at your notes and breathing into the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Goats
Mar 7, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

Is this an actual company? Actual companies have offices and conference rooms they use for interviews.

My 1000-person company interviews at a local cafe all the time - either for initial screening interviews or for tie-breaking "cultural fit" interviews after the hiring panel has submitted their recommendations to HR.

We're in a secure building, so it's a pain to have candidates showing up early, requiring the manager to interrupt their own work to come down, sign the person in, and find someone to babysit them. Conference rooms are also in high demand, making short-notice bookings a pain. Sometimes it's just easier for a hiring manager to parcel a coffee break and an interview together.

• Locked thread