Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Email from Recruiter I tried to add on LinkedIn posted:

[Race Realists],

I enjoyed speaking to you today.

Here is the job description below. This is a full-time position with Aaron's.

Help Desk Admin

We are working with Aaron's staffing a number of entry level positions for IT Help Desk Engineers. Our client is looking for bright highly motivated individuals that are eager to work and grow in their career . Great potential for career growth with a company that is in a huge growth mode and has one of the best managed IT departments in Atlanta. The department manager has promoted 40 people out of entry level positions in the last few years some are making as much as double their initial income.

Key Traits for successful candidates:

1. Attitude (Collaborator, Team Player) OUTGOING PERSONALITY

2. Aptitude for technical skills at a Help Desk level

3. Accountability (She does not want to worry that they will do what they say)

4. Agility (Able to adapt to and navigate rapid change)

Duties
This position resolves any customer support issues and escalates any technical issues to a Technical Support Analyst as needed. This position also updates documentation regarding issue troubleshooting and resolution.
Answer inbound calls, creating issue ticket and documenting all issue details. Update ticket detail as needed until issues are closed.
Handle, document, and resolve or escalate any email issues presented.

Position Requirements
College degree in Information Technology or Technical college degree preferred but will consider candidates that have IT helpdesk experience .
Basic to intermediate technical knowledge
Intermediate communication & customer service skills
Intermediate call center skills
​A drug screen and criminal background investigation are required before beginning employment

Shifts
The center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays. There is shift work and either a permanent Saturday or alternating Saturdays and although new employees are trained for a few weeks on a daytime schedule, once they are able to start performing the work independently, they are moved to their permanent schedule which is typically evenings. As earlier shifts become available, they can bid on those to move up to earlier start times. The latest shift is from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. and the start times for the various shift hit every hour.

Benefits (attached)
Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
Ongoing training and development
Medical, dental & vision insurance
401(k) plan
Life insurance
Disability benefits
Employee Purchase Discounts

[Race Realists],

Below is a link to an active interview, a video interview, where you would record yourself providing answers to three questions. Please treat this as you would an actual face to face interview as this video clip will be forwarded to the client.

The only preparation that I am able to give you is to make sure you are equipped to answer questions pertaining to one of your greatest achievement, your greatest failure and also a short 4-5 minute summary on why you would be the best candidate for Aarons to interview. I would advise to keep the interview professional and make sure to limit any disturbances, excessive movements and unwelcomed noises during the recording.

Nervous as hell,

Never had an interview like this before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
At my Student Assistant "job" I recently encouraged the staff to come up with an online version of their exam sign ups. I guess that's something IT related?

• Locked thread