Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Well I had a full-day interview yesterday. It overall went very well (1 hour presentation, 30 minute meetings with different team members for the rest of the day except for lunch with a group).

The only things that I think I tripped up on is the HR rep and Hiring manager both asked me my status on applying elsewhere, and I stammered a bit and ended up saying I was still applying for positions that looked like a good fit, and recovered when with the hiring manager by saying I had a nice visit with the team and think it would be a great fit etc.

I did forget to ask what their timeline was for making a decision and in my thank you email to the hiring manager the next day asked, and was told 'in the next month or so'. I also wrote personal thank-you emails to all the people I met with based on his suggestion (I didn't get any business cards back when I gave mine, but he told me the email address system) so I did do one for each, personalized with something relevant to each personal conversation I had.

I had also asked when would he like me to contact him to follow up, and he didn't respond to that part. Should I do so in 2 weeks or 3-4?

Well, time to wait for up to a month. I was hoping for a quick offer and being able to stop searching for new jobs because I really like this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003

Boot and Rally posted:

A month isn't so long. I've waited 2+. Keep applying elsewhere and follow up in 3 weeks.

Sounds like a plan, thanks.

• Locked thread