Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

bondetamp posted:

Out of the blue (more or less) I got an e-mail from a recruitment agency that had found my CV on one of those job portals where such things are posted.

The e-mail said I seemed qualified to several of the positions they were trying to fill and that they wanted me to fill out a boiler plate form and return it with an updated CV.

Now all this is fine. I've been let go from my current employer and need to find someone to feed me, ideally within a month or two, so I've been updating my profile on all those online places and I expect (and hope for!) a certain amount of queries like this one.

I found some of the questions on the form to be a bit odd, though, and wanted to share. :v:

Now a lot of the other questions are about specific positions and can't really be answered in this context, but the whole thing leaves me a bit unimpressed with the company itself. I guess I'll just fill out more or less what they can already see from my résumé and put in a comment that I'll be more detailed when they give me something to be detailed about.

7: Negotiable
8: Many
21. Excellent

It's possible they're a crummy company and won't do anything for you but there's no point in closing any doors, especially since you probably have a lot of time on your hands right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Got offered an internal transfer position I interviewed for, which will be a big raise :toot:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I work at a university and we wear business casual and would expect interviewees to be wearing a suit. Don't wear jeans.

• Locked thread