Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Another tip on behavioral questions is to take the time to write down your answers to 20-25 common questions (google if you can't think of any), and practice from that.

Also you can often predict the behavioral questions you'll be asked from the job announcement. Those "soft skills" in the job description? Expect behavioral questions on those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

It's almost always OK to leave luggage, just be sure to smile and say please and thank you to the receptionist! This does matter.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I have an interview coming up for a managerial role at a midsize tech startup. From the team photos on their site it looks like most people dress in jeans/collared shirt (some tucked some untucked) with a couple of people in chinos/slacks.

Am I right in thinking that chinos, open-necked shirt, and some nice oxfords is probably the way to go in the interview? If I was interviewing for a technical role I would probably rock up in jeans but I'm thinking a management position demands a bit more formality.

FrozenVent posted:

I have an exploratory interview scheduled next week, with a company that I'm pretty sure isn't hiring at the moment (they just completed a fairly large round of hiring). Anyone has clues as to what to expect?

I'm not especially keen on travelling out of pocket for an exploratory, but hey, an interview's an interview and it's not that far.
If it's a high-growth company they probably want to get you in the pipeline for their next round in 3-6 months. Had one of these recently, it was a fairly informal getting to know you type chat with the standard "tell me about yourself" questions and a couple of very brief, general case questions just to see how I handled them.

Soy Division fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 15, 2014

• Locked thread