Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Well, the company ended up going with an internal hire, but they said they absolutely loved me and had it not been for that I'd have been hired right on the spot, according to what the recruiter told me-- so I guess that's something, right? :shobon:

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to what to look for as far as work goes. I'm in no rush for a job as I'm being paid by my father to keep the house and fleet of vehicles running (both of which are full-time jobs in themselves, without any facetiousness), but I'd love to know a direction to throw my resume toward. The job I applied for was looking for a jack-of-all-trades sort of person like me, and the word of advice they gave to me was to hold out for similar offers because I'm desirable for my combined skill set. They said that despite them being rare, they do exist, and I'd be snatched up given time.

I did graphic design for my mother's company many years ago, including consulting with clients to explain the various products and services we offered, so I can work my way through Photoshop fairly decently-- but nothing to the levels of true graphic designers. I can do basic macros and tables in Excel, have a working knowledge of statistical software (Stata/SPSS/R) and undergrad experience in data analysis with high marks and professors' praises. People tell me I'm an excellent and very eloquent conversationalist. I'm in the process of learning the ins and outs of Illustrator. I also have audio engineering experience, both in-studio and from my home. I can draw, play instruments, and can take apart and put back together any vehicle in existence.

That said, anybody happen to know of some great fields to look for openings in? I'm in the greater San Diego area if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

So I have a full in-person interview on Tuesday that is based around exercises to see if I'm not some kind of idiot. These exercises include logic cases, business cases, and a behavior interview over the spam of four hours. The issue is that I'm some kind of idiot and have no idea where to start. The phone interview had me doing some algebra profit maximization problems to see if I remember half-decade old math, which I somehow miraculously did but it definitely was not confidence-inspiring.

Anybody know of some good resources to brush up on case and logic studies? If I do get this job (first one out of college) they'd start me at 50k which is more money in a year than I've made my entire life working minimum wage. :ohdear:

• Locked thread