Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hitension
Feb 14, 2005

Hey guys, I learned Chinese so that I can write shame in another language
First question: If your biggest issue is that you're an antisocial weirdo, you're gonna have bigger issues in the interview besides answering that question. Almost every position will require some type of people skills -- even programmers work in teams.
I think your best bet is not to lie but to actually work on fixing those problems. If it's not an incredibly customer/client facing position (let's say you want to be a database admin)you could say you tend to be reserved, but I think you'd still want to talk about some effort you've made to become less shy (volunteer? pickup basketball? join toastmasters?) -- and actually follow through on it.

Not to be mean, but if you procrastinate on everything and stay up all night, why should a company hire you? If you present yourself as someone you're not, that takes a job opportunity away from someone else who IS hard working and also drags down the company. If you can't get your poo poo together to complete tasks, then you'll probably be let go sooner or later anyway.

Second question: You had health issues. Mental health is a kind of health, so it's not false, and I can't imagine an employer would press for details on what kind of health issues.

hitension fucked around with this message at 23:07 on May 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread