Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
I'm interviewing with a very successful company as it is just getting its operation started in my country. The country manager definitely wants to work with me and from the start told me he wanted me for the head of Business Development. However, the recruiting process is very long, and phone/Skype interviews with the different people I have to be vetted by usually take a while to schedule. While waiting for the next interview, the CM wrote me to say that the head office had re-reviewed my resumé and were also interested in me for Operations Management ie glorified office manager (to be fair it's a bigger job than that but still). Looking at my profile I can understand why they'd want someone with my skillset getting the operation going, but I feel that long term I'd get bored. I think I'd be great at both positions, but there's definitely more interesting stuff to do in Business Dev.

How do I make sure that I communicate during interviews that I'd much prefer one position over the other, without coming off entitled or like I assume the job is already mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread